no wifi network after reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-23 01:09:07
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest

Hi all

I rebooted my Deco units this morning too refresh my IP address from my ISP but now the wifi won't come back up

I have 2 x68s, the main unit is on the internet as I can connect too it via cloud but it shows no connection too the second unit (which has a red led)

Non of my devices are picking up the wifi network, I've tried changing the name/changing it too 5ghz and 2.4ghz only, still nothing showing up.

Looks like the wireless backhaul isn't working either since the 2nd Deco isn't connecting too the first (and also not throwing out a signal)

the new IoT network also doesn't work.....I have no idea what to do other than to try factory resetting them.....which I'd rather not do considering how many port forwards/etc I have

Any help would be great, thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:no wifi network after reboot
2023-07-23 05:35:11

@OzOverlord What does it show in the app?

Also, Is the Wi-Fi network not showing, or it's showing but you can't connect to it?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-07-23 09:25:46

@ImtiazAli 

In the app it was saying wifi was on and working, but I had zero wifi devices in connected clients. 

I used a wifi scanning app, there definitely was no wifi signal (I could see hidden wifi networks/etc, couldn't see the Decos one)

IoT network would show up if I turn it on, but it wouldn't let me connect

My second Deco also couldnt connect to the first/main unit (and the app said so also), like the wireless backhaul was missing.

I managed to get it all working again but factory resetting everything (major pain tbh.....)

But that said, my TV and a few other devices just keep connecting/disconnecting from the Deco now over and over, which makes streaming impossible 

Seems to have all happened after the recent update too, wonder if it's some kind of unstableness on the new firmware....

Options
2023-07-31 08:42:19

@OzOverlord For the TV & other devices that keeps disconnecting, go to their respective wifi settings and remove your network from the "saved networks".

Then connect them to your network again with the password

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 3

Related Articles