SSID still available at 2.4Ghz when it is switched off in the settings?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 15:32:36 - last edited 2023-09-07 10:50:23
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello

Configuration:

2x EAP245

1x Omada Controller (Windows based) v5.6.3

3x SSIDs

I have switched off 2.4Ghz on all the SSIDs as you can see here

SSIDs

Yet I can still see all the SSID being broadcast on the 2.4Ghz channels, and a couple of my devices have successfully connected to them at 2.4Ghz.  I am sure it was working perviously and as far as I know I've not made any configuration changes.  I've tried rebooting the APs.  Any thoughts?  Have I missed a configuration step?

Any help gratefully received.

Rob

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SSID still available at 2.4Ghz when it is switched off in the settings?-Solution
2023-09-07 08:22:41 - last edited 2023-09-07 10:50:23

Hello @Rob_CTL

Please go to Device List and choose the EAP device, click on the Force Provision on the Config > Manage Device, and you may check here:

In addition, a newer 5.12 Beta firmware for the Controller has been released for trial, you may upgrade to the latest firmware for testing and follow the post link below for details.

Omada SDN Controller_V5.12.x (Updated on Sep 4th, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:SSID still available at 2.4Ghz when it is switched off in the settings?-Solution
2023-09-07 08:22:41 - last edited 2023-09-07 10:50:23

Hello @Rob_CTL

Please go to Device List and choose the EAP device, click on the Force Provision on the Config > Manage Device, and you may check here:

In addition, a newer 5.12 Beta firmware for the Controller has been released for trial, you may upgrade to the latest firmware for testing and follow the post link below for details.

Omada SDN Controller_V5.12.x (Updated on Sep 4th, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:SSID still available at 2.4Ghz when it is switched off in the settings?
2023-09-07 10:50:17

@Hank21 Thanks for the info.  I tried upgrading the controller after posting the message and that seems to have fixed it.

Options
Re:SSID still available at 2.4Ghz when it is switched off in the settings?
2023-09-08 02:31:21

Hi @Rob_CTL,

Thank you for your valued feedback! Glad to hear that your concern was resolved finally.

Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products and have a great day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 3

Related Articles