Wifi 6 problems after latest FW update

2023-10-10 15:48:40
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20230626 rel. 36899

Hi. 

After last fw. Upgrade it seems that the wifi I going to "sleep" when not using phone or iPad for some time. 

This both Android and iphone / iPad.

In disable / enable the wifi again it works again. 

Running the Archer Ax72 in Mesh with 2 Re505X's.

As I recall did not have problems before the update. 

Read that OnePlus had problems with wifi 6 but wife's Iphone/Ipad do the same.

Any ide?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wifi 6 problems after latest FW update
2023-10-11 07:10:47

@Jensrpoulsen-57 

Hi, do you mean all the phones and iPads are unable to connect the WiFi automatically after they don't use the WiFi for some time?

And if you choose the WiFi and connect manually, will it work? or you have to disable WiFi and enable it again on the phones/iPads to connect the WiFi again?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-11 20:05:24

@Sunshine it seems like it connects after a little time. But annoying that if I'm going to an app. I.e car charging app. Or bank app. It comes up with no internet, then you just disconnect and use the 5g instead. Have considered just skipping the TP-Link and go back to Synology Router. But again should be a fix or??

Options
2023-10-12 01:05:03

@Jensrpoulsen-57 

Hi, the new firmware of AX72 newly added EasyMesh function, just for testing purpose, could you please disable EasyMesh to see if it will solve the problem?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-12 06:54:48

@Sunshine 

Hi tried to disable , and first impression is the my phone's are much more responsive now. 

The wifi is gone down to wifi5 though. But for now seems better. Thks

Options
2023-12-13 08:00:08 - last edited 2023-12-13 08:00:46

@Jensrpoulsen-57 @Sunshine 

I have same issue with AX72 + TL-WPA861P configured in EasyMesh. Every day in the morning the connection takes many minutes until it will start working again.

Sometimes ever restart of the powerline is needed. Seems like when it's idle for some time it has hard time to revive.

//Pawel

Options
2024-01-23 17:24:07

@Jensrpoulsen-57 Oh wow this fixed my problem. Thanks!. I had another issue and found this thread. The EasyMesh function was just bouncing me around the network but it looked like it was just connecting, dropping out and then reconnecting. I have TP-link Archer 6 and after FW-update it started behaving strange. Now I know!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 6

Related Articles