App notification delayed

App notification delayed

App notification delayed
App notification delayed
2023-12-09 15:35:34
Tags: #vigi app

Hi guys,

I have a client that is having issues with the pop notifications, the notifications seem to be slow or very delayed to come through on App using an android phone and sometimes the notifications all come through at the same time, is this a known issue with the app?

I also have noticed the notifications been delayed using my android phone, I check all the app settings to allow for pop notifications and everything seems to be turned on that should be, has anyone else having this issues or how would I go about troubleshooting this issue?

Options
12 Reply
Re:App notification delayed
2023-12-11 02:15:03

Hi @iTrim 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Try the iPhone if you have any. Install the app on the iPhone and compare the results.

The push notification mechanism on iPhone and Android is very different. I am not receiving any notification internally about the issue you described.

It may relate to the brand you use if the notification is pushed by them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-05 16:18:32 - last edited 2024-02-05 16:21:00

@iTrim I'm having this same issue on all my Android phones. "try an iphone" is not an acceptable solution. Every other app on Android manages instantaneous push notifications just fine, even when the phone is idle with screen off.

How can I get some support for this issue? Timely push notifications is the single most important feature of this product and it isn't working for me.

[Edit] this seems to be way worse if screen is off (10+ minutes sometimes), but even if the screen is on, notifications can take several seconds which is not good enough for security purposes.

The product is advertised as delivering "instant" notifications. Anything over a second is not instant.

Options
2024-02-05 19:17:34

@peterxbaker I "try an iphone" solution but the iphone has the same issues, I used this system along side a ring floodlight and the ring floodlight notications are instant and on point so I have the tp link system just recording onsite

Options
2024-02-06 05:48:59 - last edited 2024-02-06 05:52:39

@iTrim 

As soon as I turn on my screen, all the notifications suddenly come in. Look at the delay (time between detection and the time the android notification was generated!)

[Edit] image attachment keeps failing. Time difference is 15 minutes and probably would have been longer if I'd left my phone for longer.

Options
2024-02-06 11:08:42

@peterxbaker

The notications are now hit and miss for me, they sometimes work and I had to give up on trying to fix it. I had to drive 6 times to clients home to change settings to get them to work but they would stop working again a few days later. (dahua has now been put in instead)

I did notice that once the NVR reboots the events stop sending notications and you have to turn off and on the events again using the NVR to make the notications work again but this is not realistic solution to do all the time for clients as the the NVR reboots every week on schedule.

I use this system as a dumb recorder - no notications or app usage

Options
2024-03-31 14:11:05

@Wayne62 I hope they roll out a fix for this, the system is actually very good but because of this issue I halted installing it for clients.

Options
2024-04-04 17:58:58
I'm not sure if they have acknowledged the issue, even though it is a major issue to have
Options
a week ago

Hi @Wayne62

Off the record. TBH, I got 2 VIGI cams in the test lab I hosted. I always get the notification after it triggers motion detection, line crossing or human detection.

It does not resend the notification if it is the same event in 1 minute.

Indeed, based on what my colleague wrote, there was a new update. But on the previous update on my iOS, I didn't experience this at all since the last 30 days I set up the two cams.

VIGI C540 with the default factory firmware bound to my TP-Link ID.

Hope this app update can fix the problems for some people who experience this.

BTW, you should delete the email as it violates the email confidentiality. If you don't delete it, I will delete your reply in 24 hours. You cannot paste the original email conversation to the public or anyone who is not addressed.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@Wayne62 I will wait for the update to become available on my phones and revert once tested. Thanks for your attention on this important issue.

Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

It's hard to compare the lab environment to the real world, different lighting, obstacles, insects and animals etc...

How come you don't have an android device to test the equipment on? not everyone uses IOS devices and the equipment should be tested on all device before released to the market.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 557

Replies: 12

Tags

vigi app
Related Articles