Issues setting up Mullvad on OC200 - Traffic Not Routing

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #VPN
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.14.4

Hello all! I am attempting to setup Mullvad as the only route for all traffic out of my network via a OC200 Hardware controller. I will provide the information I have so far below.

Network Topology:

Omada OC200 HC  
Omada ER605 vpn router  
Omada EAP610  
Omada switch

ISP: comcast

Things I have tried so far via the controller interface:

1. **VPN Configuration**:
   * **Type**: Client-to-Site
   * **Protocol**: OpenVPN (Client)
   * **Interface/IP LAN**: WAN
   * **Authentication**: Certificate + Account
   * **Username/Password**: Added
   * **Remote Server**: [198.44.128.98:1302](http://198.44.128.98:1302)
   * **Local Networks**: Set to all
   * **Imported .ovpn file provided by mullvad**
2. **Policy Routing**:
   * **Protocols**: All
   * **WAN**: WAN
   * **Source Type**: Network (selected my local network)
   * **Destination Type**: IP Group (selected IPGroup\_Any)

Am I missing something? Please keep in mind I am not a network admin by trade, and I am pretty new to home networking in general, so if I am missing a piece of equipment or configuration please let me know and I can buy/implement and test.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Issues setting up Mullvad on OC200 - Traffic Not Routing -Solution

@RLGRIME 

Currently, if you configure Open VPN as a client, the VPN Server cannot serve as a proxy gateway for backend clients. Consider using L2TP or PPTP to meet this need.After setting up the VPN, you may pick the VPN tunnel as the WAN interface for policy routing rules.

How to configure Omada Gateway as a PPTP/L2TP VPN Client to enable the VPN Server as Proxy Gateway for backend clients

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Issues setting up Mullvad on OC200 - Traffic Not Routing -Solution

@RLGRIME 

Currently, if you configure Open VPN as a client, the VPN Server cannot serve as a proxy gateway for backend clients. Consider using L2TP or PPTP to meet this need.After setting up the VPN, you may pick the VPN tunnel as the WAN interface for policy routing rules.

How to configure Omada Gateway as a PPTP/L2TP VPN Client to enable the VPN Server as Proxy Gateway for backend clients

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Issues setting up Mullvad on OC200 - Traffic Not Routing
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 thank you so much for your response, this is exactly what I was looking for. I will try this tonight and report back. Thank you!

Options
3 weeks ago
Hey one more question while I have you here ☺️ Does the controller support dns over https or tls? Is there a guide for this as well? Mullvad offers this and I would like to take advantage if I can. Thank you again!
Options
3 weeks ago

@RLGRIME 

Yepp goto services and DNS Proxy

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 174

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles