Votes

Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) / Multi-Factor Authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) / Multi-Factor Authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) / Multi-Factor Authentication
2022-03-30 16:06:23

@Fderoubaix 

Those were mentioned as examples.  We are considering it for services.  Apps like Kasa, Tapo, Tether, or Deco all use the same TP-Link IDs to log in.  If we are to secure the service itself through 2FA these would also be affected.  

Options
2022-03-30 16:14:29

@Carl 

Ok, great. That's good news.
Do we have an approximation of when the MFA deployment will take place ?

Regards,

Options
2022-03-30 19:05:40

@Fderoubaix 

No unfortunetly not.  Its right now in the discussion phase as far as I know.  But as soon as its confrimed and we have the date I will be happy to make an Official Annoucement here on the community. 

Options
2022-09-18 13:12:27

Hi @Carl 

I really surprised to read your feedback.

couple of things worth mentioning:

• As you all router manufacturers turn on cloud based access, there is no concept of logging into 'wired' local network anymore. And cloud always brings breach of security and privacy.
  • I have used 3 other router system for my home : Eero, Orbi and Google WiFi. Every single one of them implements some sort of MFA implementation. These days This is a de facto expectation like for instance https.
  • When u gain access to the TPLink router, you can view/change my wifi password and gain access if you are near my house, gain info on my mac address, disrupt my network etc. How can this be not of security concern by a company like TPLink?

I really like the simplicity and cost of the deco products but cannot simply accept a NON MFA login, and will this resort to other. Really a shame.

Options
2022-10-14 23:45:58

@enEich 

I couldn't agree more that absence of MFA to TP-Link account is a giant security risk. Once a hacker gains access to the account, it's complete access to the router (however long the password to the latter is). Incredible that TP-Link has still not fixed this problem!

Options
2022-12-17 14:15:48

Can't believe that no form of MFA is available for the TP-Link ID.

This is obviously a huge security risk.

Full admin access on network appliances over a singular password is incredibly bad security design.

Please at least implement 2FA, preferably passkeys, like the rest of the world.

Options
RE:Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) / Multi-Factor Authentication
2022-12-17 14:18:27
Please implement MFA. Preferably WebAuthn2 (FIDO Alliance specifications)
Options
2023-02-17 11:58:33
Could you please give an update on this since I want to have 2FA on my tp link account so that my M5 router is less vulnerable to cloud based attacks
Options
2023-07-30 10:25:30
I want to have MFA that makes me feel more secure than just using a password. Thanks.
Options
2023-08-25 11:52:32

We need MFA or even better passkeys which Google and others are switching over right now.

Options

Voters 19

+ 15 Voters