Votes

NEW XE75 / AXE5300 system.. why isn't 6GHz band part of the mesh system?

Votes

NEW XE75 / AXE5300 system.. why isn't 6GHz band part of the mesh system?

27 Reply
Re:NEW XE75 / AXE5300 system.. why isn't 6GHz band part of the mesh system?
2023-10-13 20:51:49

@DecoUserTL I currently have my SSIDs set the same and changed the security on the 2.4&5 to "WPA2/WPA3 Personal". No issues roaming with my laptop and phone. I see them move between bands just like expected.

Options
2023-12-02 14:14:02

@MG642 

Hi there,

I'm running firmware 1.1.1 Build 20230327 Rel. 63527 (Latest Release as of this post) and using version 3.6.27 of the Apple IOS version of the Deco Configuration Software. I also have the same issue where I have set a different SSID for the 6GHz network. When I try to make it the same as my 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks I get the "This network name already exists" message. Surely tp-link must have an option to get the all networks to work on the same SSID. If google can do it so should tp-link. Utterly useless to me otherwise if all my devices cant see each other. Very disappointed.

Options
RE:NEW XE75 / AXE5300 system.. why isn't 6GHz band part of the mesh system?
2023-12-04 00:18:49
We need this basic feature.
Options
2023-12-04 00:20:50

@ParksideParade 

Maybe an Adroid thing as I couldn't get this to work.

Options
2024-01-03 17:04:52

@Carl 

I fully support the comments of Tplinkuser. I also purchased XE75 for the 6E and to replace Amazon EERO PRO 6E and was disapointed that it creates a seperate network due mostly to the inability for the Mesh (Amazon did not even release yet their WPA3) to automatically connect devices to their proper WPA encryption and offer the full capability of the Mesh that we basically paid for. I feel this encryption issue will become a mess with Wi-Fi7 coming, and feel manufacturors will have no choice but quickly find a solution that adresses this issue.

Our smartphones have wifi 6E and some to be released in 2024 will even have wifi 7.

I think its getting urgent otherwise the marketing on which the products are sold on becomes untrue.

Options
2024-02-11 02:23:28

On Android I can set the name and password the same as the Main 2.4/5ghz network.

Now I will note that it's pretty much pointless because these units are HORRIBLE at broadcasting beacons correctly on 6ghz.

I tried to work with a support engineer who did nothing but blame my devices when its clear that both Android and Windows (Intel AX210) devices have trouble “discovering” the 6 Ghz SSID because the network is only intermittently broadcast. Now WHEN and IF my devices are able to finally connect they can't roam because they often cannot see the other Deco APs because of the same intermittent SSID broadcasting.

If you watch the SSID beacons, on 2.4/5Ghz you will see the Main/Guest/IoT SSIDs broadcast consistently but you will also notice the backhaul hidden SSID be intermittently broadcast, and that's fine, the backhaul is not constantly need to get new connections all the time, once the units are connected they are good.

But if you watch the 6Ghz you will see that the Main SSID is only  intermittently broadcast at the same time the backhaul SSID (not hidden in 6ghz) is broadcast.

This causes issues for devices initially connecting and roaming because they do not see the AP to be able to connect, and with roaming its still in the end up to the Client to roam, the Deco APs can only suggest it, but if the client doesn't see the SSID from the next AP it can't go anywhere.

This makes 6Ghz either with the same name or a different name practically useless for more users.

Also note for user setting the same name for 6 Ghz and 2.4 / 5Ghz, make sure 2.4 / 5Ghz is set for at least WPA2/WPA3 or, WPA3 only if all your devices support WPA3

Options
3 weeks ago

@DecoUserTL how do i connect the Archer AXE75 with Deco X68 ?

Options

Voters 4