How to let my USB adapter works on the Mac OS big sur

Used Products:

Credit to user Marinekkkk from the global forums.

Hi guys,

I found a method that can let my TP-Link adapter work on the Mac OS Big Sur!

I had a Mac book pro (2017) and Archer T2U Nano. And I found the method on the below Git hub link then I download the driver Wireless USB OC Big Sur Adapter-V5 and follow the instructions to install it.

Github link: https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter

In order to let this adapter installed and work, I have to disable the SIP and give the authority of this App to be installed.

Note that Apple doesn't recommend disabling the SIP, but for me, I have to use the adapter to work so I use this method.

So if you have to use the USB adapter on your Mac maybe you can have a try.

Below are the steps I took to make it work properly.

1. Reboot into recovery mode.  For my Mac book pro, hold “command + R” at power on until the display says loading options.

2. Disable the SIP. Go to the utility menu and choose Terminal. Type “csrutil disable” and press enter, then reboot the mac to let this take effect.

3. Give the APP authority in order to installed on Mac.

Open terminal and type this command “sudo spctl --master-disable”

Then you can find the “anywhere” option on the Security & Privacy page.

4. Download and install the driver. For me the latest version 5 works!

Download link: https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter/releases/tag/V5

During the installation, it may ask you for authority. Then go to the system preference, Security & Privacy and click the “details” to give the APP permission to be installed.

After the driver installed successfully, then the Archer adapter can work properly.

Comment

i am using that package on a mac mini late 2014 with Big sur. i tested it using my old Asus USB ac56 which uses a Realtek chipset. i have arriving on Sunday, the Tp-link Archer TU9h which i \believe uses the realtek chipset too.

i

the packahe adds an entry into Network listed as 802.11 NIC.

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions