EAP115 AC on AWS with facebook portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-27 00:39:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure I posted in the right section.

I'm setting up a Facebook Portal for my uncle who owns a restaurant.
I'd like the people to be able to connect to the WiFi freely and without always bothering the staff with questions about the password.
I also need a Terms of Usage wich they have the option to read and have to agree before connecting (although agreement can be automatic upon connection).
All that is possible with the Facebook Portal.
Problem arise when putting the AC on the cloud (Amazon EC2 in this case) :
When the customers connect to the WiFi they do get the facebook checkin page. After checking in though they are redirected to the internal IP address of the AC and get stuck.
If I read correctly the AC needs to be in the same subnet as the connecting device. Thus this could never work since in my case the AC is hosted in the cloud.
Is there a workaround ?

In the meantime I've setup a portal with no authentification and use the small welcome text as Terms of Usage but it's limited in character count and thus not very usable.

Thank you for any insight into this.
Your time reading this and your thoughts are much appreciated! :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 0