Two CPE510 in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Two CPE510 in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Two CPE510 in bridge mode
2018-04-20 09:04:07
I followed different tutorials, including the tp-link, but the same thing always happens to me. From the "client" side I reach any company PC. But from the side of the "Access Point" I do not get to the PCs on the client side, nor can I enter the configuration of the CPE510 that is in "client" mode.

I speak Spanish but the forum is in English so in order for all the others that are here helping I have to write in English
my English is not perfect either but I undertand you just fine
there are a few things that can cause what you are describing
and I really don't want to complicate things more
you can leave the AP in 192.168.0.254 and change the client to 192.168.1.254 that way you don't get confused when you access one from the other
there are a few ways to do this but like a said I don't want to complicate things
just make sure remote management is enable and use pharos control software

since the AP and client are already connected and link together, since DHCP is disable to access the AP
enter the address manually in tcp/ip v4

when you finished making changes the set the TCP/IP to auto
to access the client

where do you have the CPE's installed
inside the house
outside in the roof
how far away they are from each other
I think the problem is that you are trying to access the client from the AP and/or vice versa
change the address and make sure they are different
don't use the same address in AP and client

you don't have to change it but since you want to access one from another then that might be a problem
you might get confused thinking you are in the AP and you are really in the client
is better to do enter each device separately, if you want or need to make changes
if the device is far away change the address or use pharos control software
Options
2018-04-20 20:54:15
I have tried again to restore both devices to factory, to use the fast configuration and in region to use the option "Test_mode" and now it works without problems.

I do not know if it was because of the "test_mode" option or because configuring them enabled some option that malfunctioned the device.

Thanks for the collaboration of all
Options
2018-04-20 21:28:55

cormoran wrote

I have tried again to restore both devices to factory, to use the fast configuration and in region to use the option "Test_mode" and now it works without problems.

Note that test mode violates local regulatory provisions and poses a risk of severe penalties in most countries. Your choice to use it, but you should be aware that it is illegal to use in the field in most countries.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-04-21 09:23:20
so is working now
that's good to know
sorry for the late reply but I just came from installing a 48 port tp link gigabit switch in a friend store
https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5072_TL-SG1048.html
I read the message that you sent me in Spanish
so I guess that message was before you got it to work
I understood everything that you wrote
I don't think that the device will stop working if you change the country
just make sure that you select the same country in both devices
what ever it was maybe it was a bad setting
sometimes devices malfunction and they just need a restore
so maybe after the restore you set it up the right way and you finally got it to work
once you get familiar with it then everything will be much easier
best of luck
saludos y suerte
Options
Related Articles