Bridge not working after changing one of the two CPE510 units

2024-02-01 18:40:22 - last edited 2024-02-26 01:21:39
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20230616 Rel. 32656 (4555)

For some years my two TP Link CPE510 (access point and client) have worked fine with a speed of close to 100 Mbps. During a recent storm the mounting pole for the access point broke and the unit crached to the ground and was damaged. I bought a new one and configured it identically as the old damaged one but now I do not get a stable connection. Looking at the AP Status I can see Connected Stations: go back and forth between 1 and 0 every 3 to 4 seconds. Logging on locally to the client I can see that it connects and show signal strength for a second or two before no signal strength is shown. I have discovered that the old client unit is version 3.0 while the new AP unit is a few years newer and is version 3.2. May this be a problem? The new 3.2 unit have FW version 2.2.4 while there is no newer FW version available than 2.2.2 for the older 3.0 unit.

Any suggestions? If 3.0 and 3.2 should work together, what should I try next?

EDIT: Had written wrong version number of one of the unit hardware

Client Status 2

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Bridge not working after changing one of the two CPE510 units-Solution
2024-02-23 23:44:17 - last edited 2024-02-26 01:21:39

Status 3 weeks later: I did not manage to get the link to work even after resetting (factory reset) both CPE510. The oldest unit did work until the other unit of same age (a pair bought together some years ago) crashed to the ground and was damaged. So I suspected a problem with the brand new unit. Changed it with another new one and it worked immediately after being configured. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Bridge not working after changing one of the two CPE510 units
2024-02-02 03:42:55

Hi @HelgeSljz,

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link business community!

Please reset both AP CPE and Client CPE by using a pin to press into the reset hole, after that, re-configure two CPEs for testing. Based on our experience, this troubleshooting step normally fixes the similar issue.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-02-02 07:40:48

@Hank21 Thank you, I will try a reset of both units although I find it strange that it should have happened anything to the old unit I have not touched physically (still on its pole) nor changed anything in its configuration. One more question before I do the reset. Will any of the units go back to an older/original FW version when doing a reset (is this i full factory reset)? This will not be a challenge with the new unit because it had originally FW 2.2.2... that has no http/https challenges with latest version of web browsers. The older unit however do.

Options
Re:Bridge not working after changing one of the two CPE510 units-Solution
2024-02-23 23:44:17 - last edited 2024-02-26 01:21:39

Status 3 weeks later: I did not manage to get the link to work even after resetting (factory reset) both CPE510. The oldest unit did work until the other unit of same age (a pair bought together some years ago) crashed to the ground and was damaged. So I suspected a problem with the brand new unit. Changed it with another new one and it worked immediately after being configured. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-05 17:16:27

The discrepancy in hardware versions between the old client and the new access point could be causing instability. It's worth checking for any compatibility issues between the hardware and firmware versions. Additionally, verifying the  Smd screens configuration settings to ensure they match between the units might help resolve the connection problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 4

Related Articles