Guest network on EAP245 access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-28 16:16:16

I've been testing some features on the EAP245. I want to setup a guest network and tried three ways:

1. Directly in the web-interface of the AP. I can setup wireless networks, there's no option for a guest network and no options for access rules.

2. Using the controller software (Windows) where I can setup an access rule and use it in a SSID. This functions correct as a guest network.

3. Using the Omada-app for IOS. I can setup wireless networks, there's no option for a guest network and no options for access rules.

I'm I correct that the controller software is the ONLY way to setup a guest network on the EAP245 access point? So people without a Windows/Linux device can't use all features??

Options
1 Reply
Re:Re:Guest network on EAP245 access point
2018-11-01 19:49:02

Thanks for the reply. The router doesn't support VLAN and I don't want to make it to complex (I'm helping someone else). Allthough I think a guest network with VLAN will be safer.

So I'll install the software on one of their laptops and setup the AP from there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4232

Replies: 1

Related Articles