Help needed choosing the AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-14 18:50:00

Hi I am currently using an EAP225 V3 AP in my house. I live in a 3 storied house including the basement. My AP is mounted on the top most floor and I dont get enough coverage on the basement.

I would like to know if it is worthwhile to get the EAP 225 outdoor for basement indoor use, The AP looks really sleek and I think it is easier to hide it, I would like to know its range and radiation pattern. I feel my current EAP 225 V3 a bit directional as I am 12 ft away from my AP and the signal I get is just a little bit over medium.

Moreover, I see the indoor version has a 5dbi 5ghz antenna whereas the outdoor is only 4 dbi. I understand antenna is more than the dbi as the gain cannot be created magically without sacrificing coverage in another area. For eg, I think the indoor units are best suited for large conference halls without much walls as the signal covers it like a gaint umbrella. Please correct me If i a m wrong.

Thanks,

Steve

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help needed choosing the AP
2018-11-15 10:50:21

Hi,

The recommented coverage radius of EAP225-Outdoor is about 100m, but it will be affected by wireless interference and obstacle. EAP225-Outdoor has omni-directional antenna. (but the best signal strength area is where the antenna point to). The antenna of EAP225-Outdoor can be rotated, it will help you adjust the best signal coverage area. (Try to point the antenna of EAP225-Outdoor to the place which you want to cover the WI-FI, it will help you get best signal strength)

Options
Re:Re:Help needed choosing the AP
2018-11-15 14:45:57

Thanks for the quick response. I will be mounting on a wall right above my stairs. Most of the devices will either be above the stairs or behind that wall. Basically, the signal will have to penetrate at least one wall before reaching the clients. Also, I am curious regarding the sensitivity and wall penentration of the antenna on this unit, I was using a Ubiquiti LR with the fractal antenna and i could see the latency was very less when using mobile devices. Do you think these antennas are sensitive enough?

Also, would you happen to know when will EAP245 V3 launch in the US? Do you think I can get more coverage as it has 3 antennas vs 2 for 5ghz on the eap 225.

Thanks,

Steve.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Help needed choosing the AP
2018-11-26 01:16:07

steve_togo wrote

Thanks for the quick response. I will be mounting on a wall right above my stairs. Most of the devices will either be above the stairs or behind that wall. Basically, the signal will have to penetrate at least one wall before reaching the clients. Also, I am curious regarding the sensitivity and wall penentration of the antenna on this unit, I was using a Ubiquiti LR with the fractal antenna and i could see the latency was very less when using mobile devices. Do you think these antennas are sensitive enough?

Also, would you happen to know when will EAP245 V3 launch in the US? Do you think I can get more coverage as it has 3 antennas vs 2 for 5ghz on the eap 225.

Thanks,

Steve.

Based our test result, the signal of EAP225 is better than Ubiquiti LR. So, I think EAP225 can help you to coverage your house if LR is no problem. Mounting on the a wall could be a solution for you. Pls feedback if you cannot get great coverage. We will help you more. 

TP-Link Employee
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1994

Replies: 3

Related Articles