Smart Bulb API?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Bulb API?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Bulb API?
Smart Bulb API?
2018-11-24 19:37:06

The Smart Bulb forums aren't taking any new posts but it seems there's no new forum for the smart home devices.

I'm considering Smart Home HS210, and smart bulbs, etc.  I am not willing to expose my smart home on the Internet and I don't want my lights dependent on technology I can't control or manage - remember Stuxnet?

Are there APIs for the TP-Link devices where I could write my own app?  Including initial configuration?  I saw some mention of a CLI; will that allow all needed operations?  Any Java, .Net, or other language libraries?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Bulb API?
2018-12-18 08:00:15

dalepres wrote

The Smart Bulb forums aren't taking any new posts but it seems there's no new forum for the smart home devices.

I'm considering Smart Home HS210, and smart bulbs, etc.  I am not willing to expose my smart home on the Internet and I don't want my lights dependent on technology I can't control or manage - remember Stuxnet?

Are there APIs for the TP-Link devices where I could write my own app?  Including initial configuration?  I saw some mention of a CLI; will that allow all needed operations?  Any Java, .Net, or other language libraries?

Hi dalepres

You can post your problem on SOHO Community---Forums---Smart Home---Smart Bulbs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1808

Replies: 1