TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router hangs everyday

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-29 19:35:40 - last edited 2020-09-25 06:37:02

Hi all,

Need some advise on this router.

I installed a TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router for a small office of about 10 users. It does both routing and wireless. However, it has turned out to a pain as the router freezes/hangs atleast once a day. When it hands, users stay connected to it but with no internet. We have to restart it every time it hangs - something that is frustrating the users.

Please advise if you have experienced this before and what the solution could be.

Thanks

Gonzaga

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router hangs everyday-Solution
2020-09-25 06:36:56 - last edited 2020-09-25 06:37:02

@LinoContreras  

Hello, sorry to hear that you encounter issues with the router. Please help confirm below and we will try to figure it out:

May I know who is your ISP? Ensure your modem is working properly.

How often does this hang issue happen and how will it recover? Will it recover automatically by itself or you need to manually power it off then power it back on?

How many clients are connected to the C1200 or C5 most of the time? What if you try to disconnect some of them? Please verify if there is any specific operation or network application that may cause the router hanging, such as high load or downloading, playing online games, etc.

What is the LED status of the C1200 or C5 when it hangs, especially the wireless LED and internet LED? Can you access its web interface via wired cable at that time? Please check the IP address and default gateway with your devices connected to it and show me the status-details page. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

If you can still get a correct IP address assigned by C1200 or C5 , try to do a ping test, ping the gateway, which is the C1200 or C5 's IP address, and show me the results. How to perform the ping test? Refer to the below guide:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router hangs everyday
2019-05-06 02:03:12

Hi,

May I know who is your ISP?

What is the light status of the C1200 when the connection drops out? Can you get internet from it via wired cable at that time? Please connect your device to the modem directly to do a comparison test as well.

Note: Please check the IP address and default gateway with your devices connected to the modem/router separately and show me the status-details page. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/838/

At that time, please login to the web UI of the Archer C1200 and take a full screenshot of the Advanced-status page; and go to advanced-system tools-system log  to save and export it to us. 

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some test and tell me which case you belong to.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2237/

Good day. 

Options
2020-08-20 08:43:33

@Gonzaga I am also having the same problem. It hangs randomly. Now I can not connect other connected LAN routers to it. It just hangs every time.

Options
2020-08-29 06:02:27

@Gonzaga Were you able to solve this issue? I'm having the same problem with my new Archer C5 V4.

Options
2020-09-24 04:24:34

@Gonzaga How do you solve this issue? I have the same problem with my Archer C80, frustrating as hell.

Wireless is the future.
Options
2020-09-25 06:20:39

@savantist 

Hi, we have replied to you on your own post below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/228668

Options
Re:TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router hangs everyday-Solution
2020-09-25 06:36:56 - last edited 2020-09-25 06:37:02

@LinoContreras  

Hello, sorry to hear that you encounter issues with the router. Please help confirm below and we will try to figure it out:

May I know who is your ISP? Ensure your modem is working properly.

How often does this hang issue happen and how will it recover? Will it recover automatically by itself or you need to manually power it off then power it back on?

How many clients are connected to the C1200 or C5 most of the time? What if you try to disconnect some of them? Please verify if there is any specific operation or network application that may cause the router hanging, such as high load or downloading, playing online games, etc.

What is the LED status of the C1200 or C5 when it hangs, especially the wireless LED and internet LED? Can you access its web interface via wired cable at that time? Please check the IP address and default gateway with your devices connected to it and show me the status-details page. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

If you can still get a correct IP address assigned by C1200 or C5 , try to do a ping test, ping the gateway, which is the C1200 or C5 's IP address, and show me the results. How to perform the ping test? Refer to the below guide:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-04-16 19:59:26 - last edited 2021-04-16 20:05:05

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem. I have 3 wired devices and many cellphones and wireless diveces (bunch of pcs 3 ?, bunch of smartphones ~8, 2x nintendo switch, ps4, 1 smartv, what can I tell you)
it used to happened before more frequent, I tried downgrade and upgrade the firmware nothing worked

I tried to backup settings and restore them, it did not work

it got fixed by itself

but sometimes it comes back. all wireless devices stop working get disconected from the network and my wired devices I had not noticed they were stil working until recently incidents i rapidly start pinging during the problem and get responses but not as good as during normal working.

I think before, months ago, wired devices also stopped working during an incident but recent events I noticed they are still working...

-

During the incidents, I rapidly try to open the routers webpage (from a wired device) and it never loads the password page, it takes a long time to respond (the router's integrated page). Browsing the internet in the wire device seems to bearly work, I havent done any heavy load test or bandwidth test during an incident I just try to navigate it works I try to open the router's webpage it does not work.
I need to wait anything about 3 minutes for it to start working just crash again within a couple of minutes and eventually it work for a while until next incident could take months, weeks, but during a bad day it could happen 20 times within 6 hours...

This messes up voice calls, messes with online games, streaming, evertyhing get fucked up regularly

Is not the ISP, The wireless icon in the android top-bar disapear in all the phones at the same time.

My ISP Coopelesca R.L, costa rica. https://icannlac.org/isps-cr

Options
2021-04-17 04:22:13

@Gonzaga there is no option for auto reboot(schedule). I want to set my tp link archer c1200 auto reboot everyday at 9am. How can I set it?

Options
2021-04-19 02:54:02

@Andres1122 

If that is the case, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement.

Options
2021-04-19 02:56:45

@AutoReboot 

Sorry, the C1200 doesn't support the auto-reboot schedule setup.

Have you tried to upgrade the beta firmware we provided previously? Try to reset the router to factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch after the firmware update, then monitor again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 7830

Replies: 12

Related Articles