Is this best for application

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-20 12:43:05 - last edited 2019-06-23 08:12:47
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have read up until my head hurts......some advice please from those that know !!

I need to provide internet to a second property 150 metres away with clear line of sight. This is for streaming video and requires good up and down.

Plan is cpe210 set to access with poe cat 6 to roof from fibre router. Receive on cpe210 set as ap router (second ssid) on window wall (for wifi) Cat 6 to tv box.

There are a dozen or so wireless aerials / transmitters for internet by radio in the immediate area. I am told that interference to or from these is possible and that without being able to turn the transmit power down there is a danger of my blocking their signals.....all advice gratefully received.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is this best for application
2019-06-24 01:19:18 - last edited 2019-06-24 01:19:42

I recommend that you build a topology like this: Internet-----Router-----CPE(AP Mode)----------wireless-------CPE(client mode)-------TV box

You can refer to this FAQ for other application scenarios.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2090/

I remember that TP-Link CPE supports Spectrum Analysis.  I suggest you could use this tool to scan the wireless signals around your home and choose a cleaner channel for data transmission based on the results of spectrum analysis, if you can understand Spectrum Analysis.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 649

Replies: 1

Related Articles