Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.

Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.

17 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.
2019-09-14 10:42:12

Hi @forrest ,

I'm trying to backup configration from Windows Controller (latest version 3.2.1) and restore on the OC200 controller (latest version 3.1.13), however it's failing with the message: 'restore file is not compatible with omada controller'.

Will the restore work when the OC200 controller software is upgraded to 3.2.1?

When is this version going to be made available on the OC200?

Thanks

Options
2019-09-16 00:56:12

@lamprais 

Data migration from a higher version of the Controller to a lower version of the Controller is not possible. Because the high version of the Controller may add some new features or optimizations, whether the configuration or database of new Controller is not compatible with the lower version of the Controller.

About the data migration, we have release a faq about it, you can refer to the link website for more details.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2288/

For the OC200, now the latest version of firmware is used for the Controller 3.1.13. It may need some time to release the new firmware of the OC200. Normally the firmware of OC200 will be released later than the Controller. When the new firmware is finished, we will release it in our website.

Options
2019-11-27 02:27:46
Hi! we have the same concern. I also want the controller to have pause time for the voucher. Just like this screenshot from other piso-wifi machines https://ibb.co/Tbgy6dW. We use this setup to sell internet in voucher mode in terminals, food court and small stores. Thats why the PAUSE is important so we can compete from other setups. Competitors device are using orange pi + comfast antennas. But i prefer TP-Link for this kind of business
Options
Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.
2019-12-12 01:29:24

Hi @Spworld ,

Sorry that I may not understand what you mean. What bug are you saying? If you find a bug, please tell us and we will try to fix it in later firmware. 

Options
2020-07-11 04:31:15

@forrest 

Is it possible to manage EAP's without the laptop through which we have configured the controller

forrest wrote

Dear friends,

We are glad to share you that we have published Omada Controller 3.2.1 (Windows), which mainly optimizes the performance of the Omada Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

1. You can download Omada Controller 3.2.1 (Windows) at the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap-controller/#Controller_Software

2. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

Before this version of Omada Controller, we can use Omada Controller to manage no more than 500 EAPs. Now with Omada Controller 3.2.1, we can manage up to 1500 EAPs.

3. Installation on Windows Host

Make sure your PC meets the following requirements of hardware and system, then properly install the Omada Controller software.

3.1. Hardware Requirements

Omada Controller can manage up to 1500 EAPs if the Controller Host has enough hardware resources. To guarantee operational stability for managing 1500EAPs, we recommend that you use the hardware which meets or exceeds the following specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-8100, i5-6500, or i7-4700 with 2 or more cores and 4 or more threads.
  • Memory:6 GB RAM or more.Omada Controller can manage up to 1500 EAPs if the Controller Host has enough hardware resources. To guarantee operational stability for managing 1500EAPs, we recommend that you use the hardware which meets or exceeds the following specifications:
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-8100, i5-6500, or i7-4700 with 2 or more cores and 4 or more threads.
  • Memory:6 GB RAM or more.

3.2. System Requirements

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7/8/10/Server.
  • Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox 32 (or above), Google Chrome 37 (or above), Opera 24 (or above), or 
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (or above).

PS:We recommend that you deploy Omada Controller on a 64-bit operating system to guarantee the software stability.Hardware Requirements

New Feature/Enhancement:

1. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the process time.

3. Limit the entry number of client/client history/guest to 1.2 million/1.2 million /6 million.

4. Optimize display page of map and log when there are a lot of entries.

Bug Fixed:

1. Fixed the bug that CPU and memory may be highly used when Fast Roaming is enabled.

2. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller reports timeout error when adopting multiple EAPs simultaneously.

3. Fixed the bug that Controller will print all Voucher codes even only some of the codes are selected.

Notes:

1. To use Omada Controller 3.2.x new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.

2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT be able to downgrade to an earlier version.

3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgrading to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.

Options
2020-07-11 04:32:29
Is it possible to manage omada software controller without the laptop/Desktop through which controller is configured?
Options
2020-07-11 08:40:19 - last edited 2020-07-11 08:41:00

Speedo wrote

Is it possible to manage omada software controller without the laptop/Desktop through which controller is configured?

See this article about various methods to manage EAPs (scroll down for an overview).

In short: if you use a controller, you can use Omada App to manage the EAPs through the controller which needs to be running to be able to access it. If you don't want to run the controller all the time, consider to manage EAPs in standalone mode using the Omada App.

BTW, please create a new thread for new questions. This thread is pretty old and already out-of-date.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options