Switch for Automotive Ethernet purpose

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-14 04:44:56
Model: TL-SG1005D  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I would like to know more about one of your product " TP-LINK TL-SG1005D 5Port Gigabit Network Switch 10/100/1000". 

Could you please clarify my below questions

1) I have Ethernet controllers with 100Mbps and 1000Mbps (broadr reach and IEEE 802.3). Will the above device support both of these standards. If not please let me know the product that supports this requirement. 
2) Two ports should Transmit and Receive all packets while other ports should transmit and receive in the way i design it. Please let me know how i have to do this. Is there any application to control the Switch Operation.
3) Is it possible to Transmit and receive the packets based on the outer VLAN that is assigned to the packets or is it only based on the MAC address?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Switch for Automotive Ethernet purpose
2019-08-15 07:18:49

1. It supports both 100 and 1000 speed.

2. No. This switch is unmanaged, so it doesn't support any configuration.

3. It is unmanaged switch, it just passthrough vlan tag, and it is based on MAC-Address only.

You need any managed switch, starting from EasySmart, depends on what you mean by the way you want to configure. If you want to configure only VLANs, you can check for TL-SG105E, if you need much more feature, then chech Smart and Full managed switches.

Options
Re:Re:Switch for Automotive Ethernet purpose
2019-08-19 04:16:18

Thank you for your reply.

I meant that i wanted to use GUI where can i control the VLAN tagging and untagging of each ports in the Switch. How do i access such control option for the Switch TL-SG105E.

I want the devices connected at Port 1 and 2 are communicating with each other and Port 1 and 3 are communicting with each other separately. Here Port 1 should recieve all the packets send by the device it is conencted to. Device at Port 2 should receive the packets which are having the VLAN tagging '2' and the device at Port 3 should receive all packets except VLAN tagging '2'.

Could you please let me know how to achieve this with Switch TL-SG105E

Options
Re:Re:Re:Switch for Automotive Ethernet purpose
2019-08-19 06:49:45

https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201805/20180515/1910012413_TL-SG105E_4.0-TL-SG108E_4.0-TL-SG116E_1.0(UN)_UG.pdf

You can check in UG.

Part 5 Configuring VLAN

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Switch for Automotive Ethernet purpose
2019-08-19 09:12:01

I would like to know more about Port based VLAN first.

In our requirement, Packets are already having the VLANs (different VLANs and i dont want to tag and untag anything additionally).

I want the port 1 and port 2 to transmit and receive all packets with each other. But Port 3 should Transmit and receive the packets which are having the VLAN ID 1.

How do i do this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1682

Replies: 4