Chromebooks not connecting wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-18 00:05:49
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.6.0 Build 20190726 Rel. 52366

I have 58 EAP225 access points in a school district.  We are periodically experiencing problems with some Chromebooks, both HP and Dell, not being able to utilize the network.  The Chromebooks connect to their SSID but will not give access to the internet to allow logon.  The Chromebooks show a DHCP number and all the correct information but will not connect.  Changing to a static IP number has the same result.  A complete wipe and reinstall of the system, again same results.  Putting the Chromebook on a different wireless network entirely, the Chromebook works perfectly. 

I have simular problems with the occational Win10 machine as well but it is not as wide spread and usually adding a static number corrects the problem. 

Any ideas for troubleshooting this problem? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Chromebooks not connecting wireless
2019-10-21 01:08:36

@STP 

Hi, 

You have 58 EAP225, are they all EAP225 V3.0? Do you manage them via the Omada Controller? Do they have the latest firmware? We recommend you to upgrade it to the lates version, because we often add some new features and fix some bugs on the new firmware. 

You have 58 EAP225s, so I think there might be many clients in your network, please check the DHCP Server to make sure the DHCP pool is enough, or the clients cannot access internet without getting a valid IP address.

Do you set portal for this SSID? You say these Chromebooks can connect to the EAP but they cannot access the internet. Do other clients access internet nortmally? 

Options
2019-10-21 12:18:05

@forrest 

Hello Forest,   

Thank you for your reply.  Yes they are all eap225 v3.0 and I believe that they are all on the latest version of the software 2.6.0 Build 20190726 Rel. 52366.  I use the Omada software controller I also have an OC200 but couldn't get it to work correctly so I've continued to use the software controller.  The DHCP controller has plenty of addresses.  I use 10.1.1.1 - 10.1.8.254 subnet 255.255.0.0 and the normal load is about 400 devices only about half for that 200 use DHCP.  The lease is 8 days.  The eap225 all use DHCP as well except one that I changed trying to get this ChromeBook to connect.  There is no portal for the SSID.  I have a SSID called LCCTC-Chrome that all the Chromebooks are supposed to connect to.  Other devices connect to different SSIDs.  I do not use vlan tagging on the wireless side of things.   All other clients seem to connect to the Internet normally.  I redid the ChromeOS but it didn't help.  I then took the Chromebook home and connected normally.  Everything worked as it should.  I brought it back this morning and it once again will not connect correctly.  I'm at a loss to explain what is going on.  

Options
2021-03-10 12:10:21

@STP I have the same problem too with a Chromebook.

Additionally a Samsung phone and an Apple Ipad will not connect to my EAP225. I am sure they did when I installed it a few weeks ago.

Has there been a recent Firmware update?

Options