EAP225 not connecting to the internet intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-07 15:29:43 - last edited 2023-10-18 06:57:29
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.1

Hello,

I have a new EAP225 and installed it and initially all seemed fine as it advertised the default Wi-Fi network and I connected and accessed both the setup pages and the general internet.

It is connected to a switch which in turn is connected to a service provider wireless router (Orange LiveBox v6)

Link light and activity light shows connectivity and activity on the switch and the green light on the side of the esp is alluminated.

Since the initially setup, I can no longer access the internet via the eap225 even after I do a reset on it.

I've tried connecting it directly the switch with another cable for troubleshooting with no difference.

I can still access the management web page when connected to the default Wi-Fi network it offers.

I suspect it is something to do with the fact that there are a total Of 3 wireless network points on offer in my house offering 3 different networks out but I don't know how to troubleshoot further?

Any ideas please?

thanks

md

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP225 not connecting to the internet intermittently -Solution
2023-10-11 17:31:37 - last edited 2023-10-12 01:03:36

@Tedd404 

thanks everyone for the ideas here and the solution turned out to be that the Wi-Fi channel was set to 'auto' where I changed it to 40 (as apple devices don't like 20 apparently) and it now works 👍

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP225 not connecting to the internet intermittently
2023-10-08 06:22:21

@micdoher No longer access the internet mean that you can connect to the SSID, but there is no network connection? You can try to test whether the switch port connected to the EAP is working properly.

Options
2023-10-09 19:45:10

@dulu 

thx for your response here

yes, the switch port is connected correctly to the esp and I can connect to the ssid

the strange thing is I do get network/internet connectivity initially after I move switch ports, but then it fails after around 15 mins

any ideas please?

Options
2023-10-10 02:16:02

@micdoher 

are you stationery and not moving around and the eap kicks you off from the ssid? 

i suspect that you have a weak signal. consider this, stay stationery and run ping test to both router IP and 8.8.8.8. what is the result? how many loss? 

if this stays okay, then eap, switch(if you have one), router and the ethernet cable are all fine. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:EAP225 not connecting to the internet intermittently -Solution
2023-10-11 17:31:37 - last edited 2023-10-12 01:03:36

@Tedd404 

thanks everyone for the ideas here and the solution turned out to be that the Wi-Fi channel was set to 'auto' where I changed it to 40 (as apple devices don't like 20 apparently) and it now works 👍

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 4

Related Articles