Votes

Edit Device Names Within Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Edit Device Names Within Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Edit Device Names Within Omada Controller
2021-02-24 14:45:33
I’ve found that many devices revert back to MAC address as name after a few days. MAC address doesn’t change (not “private address”). Happens whether the device is static IP or dhcp. Anyone else seeing this?
Options
2021-02-24 14:52:56

ColoRock wrote

I’ve found that many devices revert back to MAC address as name after a few days. MAC address doesn’t change (not “private address”). Happens whether the device is static IP or dhcp. Anyone else seeing this?

@ColoRock strange because I have around 55 devices connected to my Omada Wi-Fi where I changed the name to all of them and after 8-9 month not a single of them changed back to the default hostname ever... what's your controller? Is it the OC200 or OC300 hardware controllers? Because I use the Omada SDN controller for Windows on a Windows 10 PC.

Options
2021-02-25 03:25:18

Dear @SimonC. @ColoRock

strange because I have around 55 devices connected to my Omada Wi-Fi where I changed the name to all of them and after 8-9 month not a single of them changed back to the default hostname ever... what's your controller? Is it the OC200 or OC300 hardware controllers? Because I use the Omada SDN controller for Windows on a Windows 10 PC.

At present, the alias won't be saved on the Controller once the clients are disconnected, so you will need to reconfigure the alias for the clients once they are connected to the network again. The developer team will modify the Alias function in Omada SDN 5.0.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-26 14:11:11

@Fae 

When is that coming?
Options
2021-10-14 14:16:40

Certainly is quite odd that with other TPLink products you actually see the right name of the clients but with the Omada series you only get a copy of the MAC.

For instance, I've migrated the AP Deco to Omada and the client list names changed completely.

What about to add a feature to identify or add DHCP option so we can manage and troubleshoot better our wifi clients?

Options

Voters 10

+ 6 Voters