CPE210 Connection Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE210 Connection Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE210 Connection Issues
CPE210 Connection Issues
2019-12-19 17:04:36
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am having trouble connecting to a CPE210. I had it working as a repeater using a 6 year old Netgear WIFI router (no antennas on it) for about 3 months then I upgraded to a Netgear Nighthawk AX300 (with 2 WIFI beam forming antennas) and it will no longer boost the wifi signal from the router. I have already reconfigured the CPE to locate the new network for the new router. I have no problem connecting the CPE to the router, it gets full connection. The problem comes in when trying to connect my phone at the location I used to with the old router, CPE combo. I get nothing, sometimes a weak signal, but mostly nothing. I have updated the CPE and Router the newest firmwear also.

After set up of the CPE to the new router on repeater mode I unplugged it from the computer and moved the CPE to the window I had it at previously. It is traveling about 150ft to an RV. I have the CPE sitting on the window seal and plugged into the wall outlet (CPE - POE input on power brick - into wall outlet), which is what I did before. 

I have also tried this method in bridge mode and gave the CPE it's own SSID. I get full connection from the CPE to the main router (as shown on the side of the CPE) and I can log into the WIFI under the CPE SSID with my phone but when it connects it says "internet may be limited" and I can't go online at all. However, my phone WIFI signal is full.

When I checked the devices logged into my router it shows the CPE using a wired connection not a wireless connection. This is strange because it's not plugged into the router directly. I'm wondering if this could be the issue. Since the router thinks it's plugged in via Ethernet cable it's not sending it  any connection info via WIFI. So the CPE is connecting to it wirelessly but the router is not sending the CPE anything back wirelessly.

Any thoughts as to the problem?

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE210 Connection Issues
2019-12-20 06:37:24

@Ascension 

I sincerely advise you not to use CPE's repeater and bridge mode.

Although CPE supports repeater and bridge mode, we usually set CPE as AP or client.

CPE product is aimed to transfer the data between two points by wireless way, it is not a signal extender.

To be honest, if we connect end clients to CPE like phone and PC, this usage is actually a little strange.

In my experience, more common application scenario is the following topology:

CPE(AP mode))))))))))))CPE(client mode)--------switch-------PC

"))))))" means wireless connection and "-----" means wired connection. 

Options
2019-12-21 15:11:12

@Scott.Tao 

Thanks for the reply.

Although this might not be the ideal set up, I have had it working previously in this configuration. Just puzzled as to why it's not working with my new router. I don't need it as 360 degree signal either, I just need it in the RV so pointing it in one direction will be fine.

Options
2019-12-23 03:03:25

@Ascension 

Did you check the WDS function in the new router?

I remember that WDS is the default AUTO mode in the CPE, you may try to disable or enable WDS in the new router.

NEW router----CPE------phone

In addition, there are some tools in CPE, you could try to ping router in CPE(Of course IP addresses should be in the same subnet)

If cpe can't ping router, the problem should be related to router's configuration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1599

Replies: 3

Related Articles