How to do when TP-Link smart/managed switch cannot communicate with other switches by SFP port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to do when TP-Link smart/managed switch cannot communicate with other switches by SFP port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-31 02:58:13 - last edited 2022-10-28 02:32:33

Sometimes, we may encounter the phenomenon that no traffics transmit between TP-Link smart/managed switch and other switches when they connected by SFP port. As shown in the following topology, the two switches are connected by the fiber, and the LED lights are lighting on, but there is no data transmitted between them.

Usually, this phenomenon may be related to the compatible problem. To help the consumer, we release an FAQ which has detailed the troubleshooting steps. If you encounter this problem, please refer to this link to know the Troubleshooting Instruction of TP-Link switch’s SFP port.

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to do when TP-Link smart/managed switch cannot communicate with other switches by SFP port?
2020-02-03 22:08:57

@Carissa 

realisitically you should have these ports set in auto duplex, not hard set full 1g, i had to change duplex to auto before it would negotiate with other switches, (we don't generally hardset duplex speed)

Options
Re:How to do when TP-Link smart/managed switch cannot communicate with other switches by SFP port?
2020-06-25 01:39:57

@Carissa What other switches? I have the same problem with TPlink 2600G and Unifi EdgeSwitch I can't even share VLANs. It's been weeks trying to connect them. 

Options
2020-07-19 17:06:28 - last edited 2020-07-19 17:07:10

Hi all

I want connect my T1700G-28TQ V2 to a mikrotic crs309sfp+ switch wie sfp+ cabel and read you have to change the duplex mode to auto But when i set the duplex mode to auto as example fpr the port 28 sfp+ port there is a message "auto is ilegal for fibermode" ?

Could you help me in this case ?

thank you

Michael  

Options
2020-07-26 12:23:01

@Carissa 

cool

Options
2020-11-04 15:52:32

I know this is bit old post, but my experience connecting Mikrotik CCR1016 SFP ports to TP link switches or Cisco switches is that both ends needs to be set up to 1000 full-duplex (manual option under SDN controller). Then link works including all VLAN tags.

There is issue on the Mikrotik design though. Any SFP port is required to be set to 1000 full duplex and auto negotiation off, but doing so, stops any link monitoring option on Mikrotik side. It is required if you were setting up a portchannel / LACP bond etc, with MII or ARP and with SFPs (copper or fiber transceivers), Mikrotik does npot failover / failback the traffic on unplugging / pluggng the cables.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4920

Replies: 5