TL-SG1016PE freezes under load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-28 16:18:23
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190118 Rel.32996

Hello all, I semi-recently purchased a 16 port poe switch to beef up my home network. I am out of the return period otherwise I would have just returned it, but alas here I am trying to figure out the issue.  My network setup isn't too complicated. I have gigabit ports throughout the house controlling computers, laptops, tvs, etc. 10 ports used to be exact. 1 Poe port for a wireless access point. The switch is supposed to handle up to 110w and my access point only uses 4-5w. Connected to all that I have a server running windows server to handle dhcp, and nat translation for internet access (among other unrelated things). The issue I am having is when put under any sort of load the switch crashes or freezes. The only way to fix it is to unplug and replug back in. The system will run for days and even weeks sometimes when under minimal wired load, however as soon as you try to stream a movie or transfer files the switch freezes. any suggestions on what may be wrong?  I have tried a smaller switch I have (that isn't big enough for my needs) and it works without any issues. 

Thanks,

Dave

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016PE freezes under load
2020-03-30 03:53:30

@me_go_fast 

For meaning of switch crashes or freezes, did you try to ping your PC to ping one of the devices connected to the switch directly? This is confirm whether the switch freeze. And you can try to connect the PC and other devices to other ports. Check if only a part of ports have problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1720

Replies: 1

Related Articles