Country code incorrect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Country code incorrect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Country code incorrect
Country code incorrect
2020-07-02 14:29:44
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200211 rel.67420(4555)

Hey,

Hoping somebody can provide an evidenced response as opposed to it should be 'OK'.

So i have a issue where my Macbook finds my router broadcasting on both channels in (DE = Germany) as opposed to (GB = Great Britain).

I have noticed this impacts the connection time to my own router after wake.

Have ben troubleshooting with Apple, and they have asked me to take this up with TP-link to understand why the router isnt broadcasting (GB) over (DE)... and why i cant change this anywhere, <i have checked other forums and see many other router brands dont have this issue> Is it due to poor deployment, V2 Hardware for the entirity of the EU?! But, if thats the case why wouldnt it be (EU) instead of (DE)?!

... Seemed an easy enough question, but i have failed with tech support over the phone, 'We are China and its too late, no engineers to help'. FANTASTIC!!!

I probably wouldnt be bothered but as i am feeling the effects of the initial connection not being stable, i need to get an answer before im out of the returns period.

Cheers,

Psych 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Country code incorrect
2020-07-03 18:02:53

So an update...

I have found an old Netgear router and although the 2.4Ghz band showed no country code (better than a country my device will conflict with), the 5Ghz showed DE...hmmm.

So i got in touch with Netgear support and they changed the channel on my 5Ghz and like magic has fixed that router.

As for the TP link i tried the same method and it still comes up as DE, so the TP link is packed and ready to go back, i will never buy or recommend a TP link router as the support has been a joke, nobody wanting to help. 

TP link could have a major issue on their hands if they cannot just supply country specific software that WILL broadcast a country code for where the router is as opposed to one that is generated from the factory maybe? But have a look into it TP Link.

N.B. I am not saying the Netgear is the best solution as i now have the task of testing and ensuring the same doesnt happen again.

Cheers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1160

Replies: 1

Related Articles