Change Country Code?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Change Country Code?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Change Country Code?
Change Country Code?
2019-10-13 12:47:59 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:41:03

My iMac is saying I have a conflicting Country code from a connected router which I believe to be my Deco 5 as it's connected to my Virgin Hub. Wi-Fi is generally stable however I was wondering if there was a way I can change it from DE to GB? No Timezone issues, kit has never been to Germany!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Change Country Code?-Solution
2019-10-14 02:19:41 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:41:03

@BrianWealthall 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. 

All the Deco EU version products use DE as country code, and there is no option to change it manually.  

Their wireless standards are the same. Theoretically, it won't affect the performance of the Deco mesh network. 

Nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Change Country Code?-Solution
2019-10-14 02:19:41 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:41:03

@BrianWealthall 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. 

All the Deco EU version products use DE as country code, and there is no option to change it manually.  

Their wireless standards are the same. Theoretically, it won't affect the performance of the Deco mesh network. 

Nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Change Country Code?
2020-12-18 18:26:42 - last edited 2020-12-18 18:29:12

@Kevin_Z I'm getting complaints from a neighbour about my wi-fi mesh interfering with their because of the different country codes, I'm in italy. A technichian they called saw the different country code and blamed their poor performance on that. Can you provide me evidence of german wi-fi standards being the same as in italy? I need confirmation about this to fend off their claim.

Adding that country code option in the advanced section of the setup would not hurt, anyway.

Options
2021-08-21 21:49:50

@BrianWealthall 

We need to be able to change the code as it can conflict with other ISP's transmissions.

I'm getting poor signal on several devices (some in the same room as one of the Ap's) Our ISP sent an engineer out who after replacing their equipment scnned the signals and blamed the incorrect country code being transmitted as an issue with Apple products.

Options
2021-08-23 09:19:31

@muggy2k 

Hi, we have confirmed with the engineers that the country code would not affect the wireless performance.

As for the poor signal on several devices, May I know what are these devices?

Did they connect to 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

It would be highly appreciated if you could provide more details about the poor Wi-Fi signal?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-23 16:26:07

@TP-Link 

Hi,

The devices are a 2019 iMac, 2012 Macbook Pro.

When the two Mac's are plugged into the router direct they imediatley have full speed.

All devices use 5ghz as I have disabled the 2.4ghz wireless broadcast. 

I have an iPhone 6s and iPhone Xr that have good connection speed whilst in the same room as the other two devices.

Options
2021-10-03 15:17:21

@BrianWealthall 

I have the same technical problem with the country code issue, my imac refuses to connect to the DECO, this is the message received from apples diagnostic software, it renders the deco unusable on my imac

A nearby wireless router has been detected, which is identifying itself as originating from a country which conflicts with your current settings. This may prevent your Mac from automatically rejoining a previously joined Wi-Fi network.

Certain wireless routers have the ability to identify the country they are designed to work in; this is called the Country Code. Wireless routers should only be used in the country they were originally obtained from. Failure to do so can result in performance and reliability issues for nearby wireless clients.

If possible, contact the network owner to resolve the problem.

Additionally, verify that Location Services is enabled on your Mac to ensure the correct country code is adopted based on your physical location.

The following nearby networks conflict with your current country code (gb):
(null) (1c:3b:f3:17:28:2c) - DE
(null) (1c:3b:f3:59:01:e3) - DE
(null) (1c:3b:f3:59:01:e2) - DE
The Hub D (2e:3b:f3:17:28:2c) - DE
The Hub D (26:3b:f3:59:01:e2) - DE
The Hub D (26:3b:f3:59:01:e3) - DE
The Hub D (2e:3b:f3:17:28:2d) - DE
(null) (1c:3b:f3:17:28:2d) - DE

Options

Information

Helpful: 1