Change Country code after relocating

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-18 13:05:06
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel. 43499

Hi

I have moved from the USA to Portugal.

How do I change the WIFI Country code from the US to Portugal on my Deco M5 devices that have a Hardware version of v1.0/US

Options
4 Reply
Re:Change Country code after relocating
2022-07-19 06:15:21

@apcameron 

Hi, the US country code is a hardware limitation and it could not be changed.

Have you experienced any issues so far after moving to Portugal?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-19 20:57:27

@David-TP No I have not had any issues so far apart from the Fact that the power levels and channels allowed in Portugal may differ from what is allowed in the USA.

Is it not possible to load the EU Version of the Firmware?

Options
2022-07-20 03:10:43

@apcameron 

Thanks for the update.

Here is what I think, the US version is 12V/1.2A and the EU version is 12V/2A and they all use DC adapters.

Except for the adapter size(it might require a converter), whether it is 110V or 220V does not make a huge difference.

But the supported channels are something we could not change due to hardware limitations.

As for updating the EU version, It will not help to make US hardware adapt to EU features. Besides, actually, the EU and US versions( and AU/CA versions, etc.) on Deco M5 use the same download link, after installing the same software, it will sync with the country code embedded in the hardware, and the US version itself does not change.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-21 14:07:35

@David-TP If I reset all the devices and delete my network then reconfigure everything again will it not detect my new location?

If that is the case how do I backup and restore my configuration?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1036

Replies: 5

Related Articles