Issues with new controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-10 10:00:08

Hello,

At first glance, I like the new controller quite well. It gives much more information on Eaps, Clients, events... then the old controller.

I noticed a few things on this young product:

- European Summertime cannot be managed.

- The time axis in diagrams is displayed differently in the controller software and in the app (one hour difference)
- It seems as if there is no menu to switch off the entire radio of an EAP by the scheduler, only individual ssid's can be scheduled.
- Clients can be blocked in the android-app, but not unblocked.

- Refresh button seems not to work correctly somtimes

Request: it would be nice to see the rssi of a client in the android app.

best regards

Options
5 Reply
Re:Issues with new controller
2020-07-14 09:16:22

@nutzich 

Hello,

Thank you for your attention and support on TP-Link.

- The time axis in diagrams is displayed differently in the controller software and in the app (one hour difference)

What do you mean that the summertime cannot be managed? Where do you find the time axis in the Omada app 3.0.10?

Could you upload some pictures to show us the problem?

- It seems as if there is no menu to switch off the entire radio of an EAP by the scheduler, only individual ssid's can be scheduled.

- Clients can be blocked in the android-app, but not unblocked.

- Refresh button seems not to work correctly somtimes

Request: it would be nice to see the rssi of a client in the android app.

-No, only individual SSID can be scheduled.

-To unblock the clients, I'm afraid that we need to do that under Insight from Controller.

-you may try configure Refresh Interval on the Controller to let it refresh automatically.

I've written down these feedback about Omada App, thank you again for your valued suggestion here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-14 14:16:07 - last edited 2020-07-14 14:21:22

@Fae 

Hello,

What do you mean that the summertime cannot be managed? Where do you find the time axis in the Omada app 3.0.10?

In the Settings you can set the time zone, but there is no option to activate the daylight saving (DST)

For example: for (UTC+1:00) Amsterdam, Berlin there has to be +1 more hour for summertime. EAP's Webinterface has a radio-button for selecting this option:

This Option is actually missing in the sdn-controller.

Where do you find the time axis in the Omada app 3.0.10?

Example: I watch the diagrams of traffic activity at 15:00 European Summertime (DST):

In the sdn software controller the end of the axis is 14:00 and in the app it ist correct with 15:00 at the end of the axis.

Options
2020-07-16 06:19:42

@nutzich 

Thank you for the detailed info.

Sorry that the SDN Controller doesn't support Daylight Saving Time for the moment, and the time axis issue should also have something to do with the Daylight Saving Time.

I've forwarded this issue to our developers for consideration. Thank you again for your valued feedback.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-16 07:40:44

@FAE4 

I've forwarded this issue to our developers for consideration. Thank you again for your valued feedback.

Thank you.

i have noticed two further things in the Android app:

1. It would be nice to see the client's alias in Dashboard -  Network - Alerts, instead of the mac adresses. The aliases were set in the controller.

2. In Dashboard - Network - EAP's Activities there is a strange behavior in the diagram. A Datapoint in the timeaxis represents two hours. But it seems that only the agregated traffic of one hour an not of the last two hours is shown in the dependece of the time, when you look at the diagram.

As you can see at the snapshot of 20:00 the (green) 400MB of traffic is not shown. In the snapshot at 21:00 you see the 400MB traffic. If you would take a snapshot at 22:00 it would disappear again. As information, the traffic was generated at 11:30.

In the second picture you have datapoints at 9:00 11:00 and 13:00, so data between 11:00 to 12:00 ist shown.

In the first picture you have datapoints at 8:00, 10:00 and 12:00. So you can see data between 10:00 and 11:00 but not between 11:00 and 12:00

Options
2020-07-16 10:42:17

@nutzich 

In my opinion, it only shows the EAP traffic in real-time but not the total traffic.

I've forwarded this to the engineers to have a check/test.

As you can see at the snapshot of 20:00 the (green) 400MB of traffic is not shown. In the snapshot at 21:00 you see the 400MB traffic. If you would take a snapshot at 22:00 it would disappear again. As information, the traffic was generated at 11:30.

In the second picture you have datapoints at 9:00 11:00 and 13:00, so data between 11:00 to 12:00 ist shown.

In the first picture you have datapoints at 8:00, 10:00 and 12:00. So you can see data between 10:00 and 11:00 but not between 11:00 and 12:00

Options