Issues about obtaining new network IP changes from hardware controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-21 07:00:06
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.0 Build 20210406 Rel.58757

Hello,

I have mention some issues about obtaining new network IP changes from hardware controller. 

1st case

I have the following topology

The default LAN is 192.168.0.0/24.

Then click save. Once I click it, I lose the connection of controller, therefore the connection with switch, router and access points. Then I remove the cable which connect the controller with switch. Then I reset the switch and access points to get the desired IP address (192.168.101.0/24). Also I try force provisioning on router but doesnt work

2nd case

I have the following topology

In this case let's assume that we have change the current default IP address to 192.168.102.0/24 in all floors. I want to change the IP address on second floor to 192.168.103.0/24.  

I change the LAN settings by access omada tplink cloud

dashboard->manage cloud access->wired networks->LAN->network(tab)->edit. I change the 3rd octet and press the button Update DHCP Range.

Then I click save

Also I have to mention that the 2nd access point which is on 2nd floor is on 2nd port on switch. So, it is essential to change the port2 profile to LAN2 (the default is ALL). I go to

dashboard->manage cloud access->wired networks->LAN->Switch Settings(tab)->edit->port(tab). I change the port2 profile to LAN2 and click apply.

I lose the connection with access point. I try force provisioning on router,switch and access point but doesn't work. After many attempts of provisioning and remove the cable which connect the access point on 2nd floor and put it back on its port and finally works. 

On both situations why happen this suffering. If exists some any other way, I would like to learn it!

Thanks in advance

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues about obtaining new network IP changes from hardware controller
2021-07-02 11:56:17

@xperiments 

Hello, this problem existscrying

Have we found a solution?

Network Engineer 1.0
Options

Information