Multiple IP addresses and router enhancements TP-LINK AX6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-21 23:09:32 - last edited 2020-07-22 02:24:58
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Is there any way I can set up a second ip address for the router, as most do, and thus have 2 separate networks? And I would also need a second dhcp.

And you need to be able to have a second guest network for 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Could these be improvements of a future firmware?

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multiple IP addresses and router enhancements TP-LINK AX6000 -Solution
2020-07-22 02:23:53 - last edited 2020-07-22 02:24:58

@geohector 

Hello,

Sorry that the AX6000 doesn't support creating two different subnet networks in the LAN, and there is currently no plan to develop new features like second guest networks for 2.4G and 5G.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developer and they will evaluate the feasibity.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Multiple IP addresses and router enhancements TP-LINK AX6000 -Solution
2020-07-22 02:23:53 - last edited 2020-07-22 02:24:58

@geohector 

Hello,

Sorry that the AX6000 doesn't support creating two different subnet networks in the LAN, and there is currently no plan to develop new features like second guest networks for 2.4G and 5G.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developer and they will evaluate the feasibity.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Multiple IP addresses and router enhancements TP-LINK AX6000
2020-07-22 08:05:51

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the answer.

But I would like to know if it has no possibility to contain several subnets per hardware issue or it is something that could be implemented by software (with a new firmware).

And I would also like to know if you could soon implement more than one guest SSID in 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Also, in this other thread: 

error Link Aggregation mode 4 (802.3ad)

I also ask why Link Aggregation doesn't work in mode 4 (adding the speeds of both channels to get 2 Gbps) and if it's a fixable problem with new firmware.

In the end I have the feeling that I have spent a lot of money on a router that does the same or less than the one given to me by my internet operator for free (except that it has more range and wifi speed). 

But all those advanced features that are presupposed to a router of this category -simprofessional or very advanced- are not implemented. I feel like returning it to the store, I can't believe I don't have any of this.

Regards, Héctor.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2280

Replies: 2

Related Articles