TL-SG105 Strange IP Addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-04 12:21:53 - last edited 2023-06-07 10:56:05
Model: TL-SG105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm having a strange issue and it took me a while to isolate it.

Everything plugged into the TL-SG105 gets a different IP address block than anything plugged directly into the router or wireless.  Now from what I can tell, the SG105 is just a switch with no DHCP server, so I can't for the life of me figure out why the devices plugged in have a different IP block.  I can access the interment just fine with the wired devices, but I can't access any wireless devices and vice versa.  The range for the SG105 connected devices isn't even in the DHCP server on the router - so not coming from there.  Has anyone encountered this before, and is there any resolution?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SG105 Strange IP Addresses-Solution
2023-06-05 02:32:48 - last edited 2023-06-07 10:56:05

@AwesomeRob 

You probably have two routers in your network and that's causing the issue. You have to plug the switch to router which wireless radio you're using to behave as expected.

If that's not the case, then you've probably plugged in the SG-105 in a router port, which is not meant to be used for that purpose.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG105 Strange IP Addresses
2023-06-04 12:33:17
If I plug my computer directly into the router, I get the correct IP address, I just get a strange one when I plug the computer into the SG105.
Options
Re:TL-SG105 Strange IP Addresses-Solution
2023-06-05 02:32:48 - last edited 2023-06-07 10:56:05

@AwesomeRob 

You probably have two routers in your network and that's causing the issue. You have to plug the switch to router which wireless radio you're using to behave as expected.

If that's not the case, then you've probably plugged in the SG-105 in a router port, which is not meant to be used for that purpose.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 2