[Request] Portal Customization - Import Customized Page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-23 12:19:24

Can someone share a working customized portal page? From there, I'm able to customized my own portal page from an existing and working portal page.
The template mentioned, I downloaded it and tried to use it as is and seems like it doesn't even show anything on the portal.

I think it would be better if there's an actual working template. Currently, the "Download the template" downloads demo.html that do nothing. It can't be called a template if it doesn't work.

Options
8 Reply
Re:[Request] Portal Customization - Import Customized Page
2020-08-31 03:30:03

It's a sealed book to me. I believe this config is difficult for people who is not familiar with HTML code. Wish an expert save people here.

Options
2020-09-01 01:18:14

Yannie wrote

It's a sealed book to me. I believe this config is difficult for people who is not familiar with HTML code. Wish an expert save people here.

It should be easy to modify the HTML code if the template is working. But currently, it's not working. It contains code but when used, template doesn't do anything. It doesn't work.

Options
2020-10-04 22:08:53

@hashrack , I find exactly the same. The code is broken.

The downloaded demo.html does not have any graphics / logo etc. We are not coders and it will take TPlink's one of the HTML developer out of many they have, not more than an hour to make a sample one with simple instructions that anyone can follow and then import back the code.

I could have used the built-in code, but they went don't even allow you to change the text of the button ("Log In" to something like "Proceed") as in case of no username / password, Guest is not logging in. They accept terms & conditions and then proceed to connect to courtesy Wi-Fi service.

They do allow you to change the color of the button but not the text of the button. And they need to allow is to change the font of the welcome and Copyright text. They do allow changing the color of these texts.

And the text of terms line should also be editable. Someone asked me to change from "I agree to Terms of Service" to 'I agree with the Terms & Conditions of Service" and I cannot even do that. They simply say to customize the demo page that is broken or to use external portal page that also does not work.

@Fae, can you please help here with this very minute changes allowed in the new code that is coming out soon?

@R1D2  do you have any experience customizing the demo.html to overcome these limitations?

Thanks

Options
2020-10-05 16:54:14

dpsguard wrote

do you have any experience customizing the demo.html to overcome these limitations?

Unfortunately no, I could not get it to work either. I tried the demo template which just shows a few HTML input elements, but not a full portal page, and even tried a manually tailored template from the standard portal page, which also didn't work.

Looks to me that currently only static content is imported, but the standard portal page has some dynamically generated parts, which IMO would need to be inserted in a static template, too.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-10-30 05:38:09

Hi all,

Here is the instruction about how to import the customized page with HTML file for portal function.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2950/

Please be free to leave your comment if it helps. Thank you!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-30 08:46:50

@Fae 

same as last time... it's not a full portal page. 

have you tried it yourself? I mean use the default template as is, without any changes?

Options
2021-02-20 22:33:33

Hello

I used the customized page with HTML file to create my personal page.

I have to add images to the page. I don't know where to put the images in order to use them in my HTLM file.

I tried to access the storage of my OC200 to copy the images there, but it does not work in SSH.

I used FileZilia, WinSCP and PuTTy but still connection refused. I have enabled SSH access.

Has anyone already added images to their customized page with HTML?

Thanks help me I'm stuck.
Options
2021-02-22 20:05:39

@hashrack 

How to insert images in the customized page ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2108

Replies: 8