Omada v4.1.5 SSL issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada v4.1.5 SSL issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada v4.1.5 SSL issue
Omada v4.1.5 SSL issue
2020-07-26 18:40:55 - last edited 2020-07-28 16:28:31
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello All,

I installed Omada v4.1.5 and everything was working fine BUT after apply our CA SSL, I can't access the web-interface and getting this message:

This site can’t provide a secure connectionlocalhost uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

So, How can I revert back to the localhost SSL ?

Also, what is the best practics to apply a custom SSL ?

Thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada v4.1.5 SSL issue-Solution
2020-07-28 14:59:09 - last edited 2020-07-28 16:28:31

Dear all,

The soulation as follow:

first of all Omada ONLY supports JKS certificate files and no more files supported. So, If you upload a wrong certificate through the web interface, the web interface won't be lunched or working as I received an error message. to fix it you have to go the Omada directory C:\Users\YOURNAME\Omada Controller\data\cer then you will find a file called jetty.jks delete this file a creat a new JKS certificate through KeyStore Explorer Software

KeyStore Explorer Software:

1- file > New - JKS

2- tools > Generate key pair - RSA 4,096 - edit name - write down all information needed CN=(omada's FQDN)

3- enter password for that key pair

4- tools > import trusted certificate - you have to add the p12 file created by your CA

note: windows CA creats PFX file, just rename the extention to .p12

5- file > save as - save it as a JKS file and enter the same password for the key pair

6- lunch Omada and make sure that you delete the jetty.jks file.

7- login to Omada comtroller then setting > Controller - then upload the JKS certificate we made and put the password then everything will be fine

Thanks and hope that it's clear for everyone

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada v4.1.5 SSL issue
2020-07-27 12:30:04

it's solved by myself. Thanks you

Options
Re:Omada v4.1.5 SSL issue-Solution
2020-07-28 14:59:09 - last edited 2020-07-28 16:28:31

Dear all,

The soulation as follow:

first of all Omada ONLY supports JKS certificate files and no more files supported. So, If you upload a wrong certificate through the web interface, the web interface won't be lunched or working as I received an error message. to fix it you have to go the Omada directory C:\Users\YOURNAME\Omada Controller\data\cer then you will find a file called jetty.jks delete this file a creat a new JKS certificate through KeyStore Explorer Software

KeyStore Explorer Software:

1- file > New - JKS

2- tools > Generate key pair - RSA 4,096 - edit name - write down all information needed CN=(omada's FQDN)

3- enter password for that key pair

4- tools > import trusted certificate - you have to add the p12 file created by your CA

note: windows CA creats PFX file, just rename the extention to .p12

5- file > save as - save it as a JKS file and enter the same password for the key pair

6- lunch Omada and make sure that you delete the jetty.jks file.

7- login to Omada comtroller then setting > Controller - then upload the JKS certificate we made and put the password then everything will be fine

Thanks and hope that it's clear for everyone

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada v4.1.5 SSL issue
2021-11-30 15:53:07

@mohkhalifa 

how to fix this if the controller is installed on a Ubuntu VPS ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1545

Replies: 3

Related Articles