Omada Controller loses client aliases

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-30 10:27:36 - last edited 2020-07-31 02:37:47
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.20.1 Build 20200630 Rel. 41064

I am a new user of Omada Controller. Basically it works very well but I am running into a couple of small issues.

Most of the clients in my system were originally identified by MAC address in the client list. I assigned them aliases by clicking each one, using the Config tab to enter the alias, then clicking Apply to save it. This works fine for a while, but after a day or two individual clients randomly seem to lose their aliases and they are reset to the MAC address or (sometimes) the name from the device. Is there a way to prevent this or is it a bug?

Also, in the client list, when I set how many clients to display on each page, or sort the list, those settings are never remembered. Anything I can do about that?

Thanks!

Tom

Options
6 Reply
Re:Omada Controller loses client aliases
2020-11-09 04:07:26
Same here, I'm experiencing both issues. Did you ever find a solution?
Options
2020-11-24 09:07:03

Hi,

Please check if the clients use a random MAC address after connecting to a network.

You could record the MAC address of the clients showing up on the Omada Controller when you set the client alias.

Next time when you find the client alias lost, please compare the MAC address and verify if it is changed to a different one.

In addition, please check the Data Retention settings and verify if you enable "Collect Clients' History Data" under Controller settings.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-11-24 11:20:01

@Fae thanks. The MAC addresses are fixed. However, the setting to collect client history data was not enabled, it is now. I am skeptical that this will resolve things because the behavior was random, not consistent, but let's see.

Tom

Options
2020-11-24 15:04:45

Hello @Fae  - No random MACs are being used. I haven't had this issue since a couple of days ago after I enabled "Collect Clients' History Data". I don't think Collect Clients' History Data needs to be enabled, since the controller was able to remember aliases for 90% of my devices without a problem.

Options
2020-12-04 15:31:15

Hi, @Fae 

I'm using Omada Hardware Controller OC200 with version 4.1.5. I was not able to find "Collect Clients' History Data" under Controller settings. 

Options
2020-12-07 05:56:04 - last edited 2020-12-07 05:56:15

Dear @Goh,

I'm using Omada Hardware Controller OC200 with version 4.1.5. I was not able to find "Collect Clients' History Data" under Controller settings. 

Did you access the OC200 via cloud access (https://omada.tplinkcloud.com) or via local access?

Please confirm whether there is an option under Controller settings when you access the web UI of the OC200 from your local network.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2973

Replies: 6

Related Articles