WA860-CPE210 configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 07:41:27
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: TL-WA860RE(EU)_V6_200410

Hello,

Is it possible to configure WA860 to work with CPE210 by WiFi in the following configuration:

1. Internet is provided by cable to router

2. Router is to communicate with WA860 by WiFi

3. WA860 works as extender for Router - different floor, to avoid drilling holes in the walls

4. WA860 is cabled to CPE210 which works in AP mode

5. CPE210 in AP mode exchanges data with second remote CPE setup as Client

6. Remote CPE is wired to remote router as WAN, few devices on remote LAN

The "problem" is that I don't want to drill holes in the walls and I want CPE AP to be connected to router by WA860 Extender WiFi, not by cable like in regular scenario.

Is it possible?

How to configure it?

Thanks for advice,

Regards,

iMarek

Options
6 Reply
Re:WA860-CPE210 configuration
2020-08-11 00:51:08

@iMarek 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The network map like the following diagram is ok:

ISP--router))Wi-Fi ((850RE----cable----to CPE210))( Wi-Fi )(( cpe210---cable--- a second router;

And there are more notices:

1. Both 850RE and CPE210 are 2.4ghz, so make sure the main router supports 2.4ghz as well;
  2. For the range extenders, make sure it is not too far away from the router(also not just right above the router) otherwise the internet speed might be not so good;
  3. Please also put the two CPE210s face to face;
  4. Both 850RE and CPE210 have 10/100Mbps Ethernet ports, so the final speed is up to 100m/s;

Thank you~

Options
2020-08-11 20:38:45

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for answer.

Stage 1:

I have set up CPE210 AP & CLIENT with no problem.

But I connected CPE210 AP directly to ISP router, without 860.

Configuration works ok.

Stage 2:

Second step is to unplug CPE210 AP cable from router and insert 860 in between router and CPE AP - as I presented in diagram.

I'm not sure how the 860 should be configured.

As an extender? 

Does in extender mode 860 extends wifi from router by his antennas (wifi - yes) AND by its ethernet cable in the same time?

So the question is: will the extended signal from ISP be forwarded via ethernet port to CPE210 AP?

If yes, how I have to configure 860?

Thanks for answer,

Regards 

iMarek 

Options
2020-08-13 06:37:16
Hi, You might need to set up the TL-WA860RE as the range extender mode. so it will be only wirelessly linked to the main router by its antennas, the ethernet connection was for the end clients, like a CPE, or a normal desktop; But since you have already been able to wiredly connect the CPE210 to the main router, why did you still want to use TL-WA860RE?
Options
2020-08-14 22:22:16

@Solla-topee 

Hello again,

Thank you for your advice.

I shall give it a try.

And the answer for your question: router is on first floor at my neighbour's house. CPE will be located on his balkona on the second floor. I don't want to drill through ceiling. So I prefer to get signal wirelessly on the second floor to CPE AP.

BTW: antenas will be in about 50 meters distance from each other. It's it possible to have CPE AP inside the house, behind the window, looking directly at CPE Client 50 meters away? I can avoid drilling wall or window frame if it's possible... Do you happen to test or know such scenario?
I shall try to set it up next week.

My previous test were held in my house, now I'm at my vacation house, were I try to get Internet from my friend.

And one more question:

When I set up CPE210 AP to CPE210 Client bridge, I saw the wifi network they used, but I was not able to login wiresly to it. The only way to control any of these two CPEs, was to set IP of their class on PC cabled to one of CPEs and then I was able to login to any of them.

Is it ok not to be able to login to network used by two CPEs working in AP-Client scenario?

Regards 

Marek 

Options
2020-08-18 03:41:15

@iMarek 

Good day.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Based on the network diagram:

ISP--router))Wi-Fi ((850RE----cable----to CPE210))( Wi-Fi )(( cpe210---cable--- a second router;

1. Since the CPE210-AP is running a cable from the 850RE, so it is ok that you put the CPE210 behind the windows and 50 meters is not a problem.

(Since the signal between two CPE210s took air as medium, so normally, the higher they are installed, the less wireless interference and better wireless connection speed. )

1. As for login access to the AP-Client scenario, you might need to set up the static IP address on the AP and clients during the setup, and the IPs you used to need to be in the same IP range of the main router.

Thank you!

Options
2020-08-22 05:46:59

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

Thanks for help.

I have finally setup the connection between my neighbour and my house. It works constantly three days now.

Signal strength is about -50dB.

I have manage to route the cable directly from router to CPE210 AP, so configuration was quite straight.

I don't need to use RE860 in my scenario.

Connection is stable.

The only thing left is to be able to log in to bridge by wifi from my mobile.

I can see the bridge wifi network, try to log in with right password but can't. I shall try enable DHCP from CPE AP side, maybe it will solve the problem.

For now, my only option is to plug the CPE cable directly to my PC, set up IP of CPE class and I'm able to log in by cable.

I'd like to be able to login by wifi to any of CPE to check how it works.

Thanks again for your advice.

Regards, 

Marek 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 6

Related Articles