I just want to share my upgrade experience for my devices at home, including:
- 1x OC200
- 3x EAP245 (v3)
The main pitfalls are:
- Upgrading the OC200 to 1.7.0 (SDN) while some/all of your EAP's are not supporting this version.
- Upgrading your OC200 without making a backup of your configuration.
- Downloading the wrong firmware for your EAP, make sure you have the right model and region.
Only continue when you are sure that all your devices support the latest OC200 firmware (>=1.7.0), otherwise they can't be managed anymore.
How I upgraded all my devices (in short):
1. Made a backup of the OC200 configuration to my pc.
2. Started the upgrade on the OC200 via the webinterface.
3. Initial configuration of the OC200, skipped most of the steps since we will restore our configuration.
4. Restoring the previous made backup.
All EAP's showed up in the overview, unfortunately they still need to be upgraded.
I downloaded the correct firmware for the EAP's to my pc and manually uploaded them to the OC200 webinterface.
5. You can either do a batch upgrade or per-device upgrade, I have chosen the last option for convenience of keeping all devices online.
6. When done upgrading all the settings of the EAP's could be viewed and updated.
I didn't experience any issues and I do like the new interface and features.