How to update device online WITHOUT a cloud account?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 16:26:17

As per title, how I can update a OC200, a EAP245 & 225 online without having to have an account setup?

If I cant, can this be raised a request please, same as the old software where you could update everything without having to connected to a cloud service or providing a login (all prone to being hacked)

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to update device online WITHOUT a cloud account?
2020-08-28 09:57:40

Dear @Pugs,

As per title, how I can update a OC200, a EAP245 & 225 online without having to have an account setup?

The cloud account is not necessary. We can also manually update it in the local network, just access the OC200 with its IP address.

you can refer to this post to upgrade the OC200.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-09-01 08:42:38

@Fae No, I'm asking for the functionality that was previously enabled that allowed the software to check ONLINE WITHOUT HAVING A CLOUD ACCOUNT, whether there were firmware updates available and that could be downloaded and applied automatically i.e. not manually downlaoded and then browsed locally to find the firmware. NOT by doing an offline upgrade (what you suggested).

TP-LINK knows what I'm saying, functionality (that existed before SDN) that informed you when a upgrade to firmware was available and then to choose to download and install it WITHOUT a cloud account.

Options
2020-09-20 14:39:29

I have the same problem. I don't use a cloud account (if I want remote access to my network, I use my own VPN server...). Now I have to weekly check the TP-link website for each different device that I have to check for updates, which I can then manually apply. In the older software I could check it immediatly from the control page.

Options
2020-09-21 23:14:43
The same problem.
Options
2020-10-06 08:04:49

@Fae Any update if this functionality will be reinstated on the next firmware update?

Options
2020-10-07 08:28:58

Dear @Pugs,

@Fae Any update if this functionality will be reinstated on the next firmware update?

Sorry that there is no plan to add this functionality for the time being. We will keep an eye on such function requirement for further evaluation. Thank you so much for your valued feedback.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-11 08:18:15
It would be nice to have this feature again. Worst case we still need to authenticate using a tp-link account but we shouldn't need to enable cloud access for this feature.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1644

Replies: 7