HELP!! Error connecting to the Internet with new TP LINK Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-05 09:02:46 - last edited 2020-09-07 11:15:27

Hi,

1. I have just bought a new TP LINK router TL - WR820N and im thinking of replacing it with my old TP Link Router TL - WR740N

2. I have an ethernet cable which was inserted into WAN port ofr for TL - WR740N, and it worked well.

3. Now im trying to connect it to the internet with the new router but I am getting this error. (Image below)

4. Not sure what's wrong, because when I plug the ethernet back in my old router, it works fine. But when I plug into the new one and follow setup instructions i get the eroor below.

5. I tried following the steps here but I'm stuck at Step 5.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HELP!! Error connecting to the Internet with new TP LINK Router-Solution
2020-09-07 11:15:14 - last edited 2020-09-07 11:15:27

@Buho 

Hello,

Is there a WAN IP address on the new WR820N after you plug the modem into its WAN port? Please follow the troubleshooting suggestions here and ensure all the settings are correct:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:HELP!! Error connecting to the Internet with new TP LINK Router-Solution
2020-09-07 11:15:14 - last edited 2020-09-07 11:15:27

@Buho 

Hello,

Is there a WAN IP address on the new WR820N after you plug the modem into its WAN port? Please follow the troubleshooting suggestions here and ensure all the settings are correct:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 1

Related Articles