Running the Controller Software on the EAP-225 itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-03 12:47:28 - last edited 2020-10-03 13:26:58
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I'm interested in buying two EAP-225 units for my home network. I've read that the Omada Software Controller must be up and running for fast roaming to work.

The software controller is supposed to be installable on an ARM based Linux machine, like Raspberry Pi. From what I've read, the EAP itself has an ARM based SoC, and SSH access to a (somewhat limited) shell.

Would that mean it's possible to install the controller software on the EAP-225 itself? 

EDIT: Actually, the EAP SoC has a MIPS CPU, not ARM. So probably not as straight forward - but since the controller software is JVM-based, would it be possible to run on some MIPS JVM? I've also read that the software requires a MongoDB server, which might (?) be available for MIPS. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Running the Controller Software on the EAP-225 itself
2020-10-04 08:25:27 - last edited 2020-10-04 08:25:41

Dear @Avidan,

Would that mean it's possible to install the controller software on the EAP-225 itself? 

Not really. The EAP225 can be managed by the Omada Controller Software, while the Omada Controller software can be installed on either Windows system (Windows 7/8/10/Server) or 64-bit Linux system (including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04/18.04/Debian 9.8). The Omada Controller software is free and can be downloaded from the link below.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/eap225/#Controller_Software

If you don't have a spare or a suitable computer to run the Omada Controller software, you may consider the Hardware controller OC200, which has built-in Omada Controller software.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/omada-sdn-controller/oc200/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 658

Replies: 1

Related Articles