Multi-Site Multi-Controller want to establish same wifi and portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-06 23:15:39

Building A: I just recently setup Omada Cloud Controller and 4 APs at site one for a client located at Building A,

Building B: They have a different location called Building B a few miles away with a separate Internet connection I have installed a Software Controller and 2 APs there.

At Building A I have set a wifi SSID called Staff WIFI and created a portal with a staff username and password.

They want to have the exact same SSID  "Staff Wifi" in Building B with the portal so staff  can move freely from one location to others without login in and we can track staff usage at a different location

Also in the future, if we add Building 3 in a different state we need to install a new controller and few APs but it should have the same SSID "staff wifi" with the same user passwords.

Is there any option other than setting up the same name SSIDs and creating portals and duplicating the SSID at each location? I want a solution so if we delete users, create a new SSID called Guest Wifi it should appear at every location rather than manually going and creating them at each location.

Thank you in advance please let me know if you have a solution for this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Multi-Site Multi-Controller want to establish same wifi and portal
2020-10-07 21:59:39

@OmadaUser1 

You have to use a single Cloud controller and adopt the EAPs of the Building B and C with the same Controller.

You have to do a L3 adoption across Internet using VPN and EAP Discovery tools or VPN and Dhcp Option 138 with TP-Link Switches.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Multi-Site Multi-Controller want to establish same wifi and portal
2020-10-09 07:41:43 - last edited 2020-10-09 07:47:23

@OmadaUser1, there are several possible solutions:

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 757

Replies: 2