Interesting Beacon 200 (value) and looks SSID Similar to my Open voucher Authentication Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Interesting Beacon 200 (value) and looks SSID Similar to my Open voucher Authentication Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-11 19:37:07
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200703 Rel.59609

I observed this for a long time someone Imitate my Open authentication SSID Casual Prepaid Internet 5GHz wherefrom the attached screenshot it's obviously the imitator use wpa authentication on the 2.4GHz radio :). I'm just curious why the beacon of those devices is under 200 value while the majority of the beacon on my eap 225 outdoor and other neighbor wifi is 100 value? Is there's a way from omada controller sdn to exclude them or mark hide the same for other rogues AP's to keep out of might list? Is there's an effect over other neighboring Wi-Fi if other configure beacon in such that way? or the effect of that to itself (their network)?

Please advise. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Interesting Beacon 200 (value) and looks SSID Similar to my Open voucher Authentication Wi-Fi
2020-10-12 10:29:42

Dear @JhonneL,

I'm just curious why the beacon of those devices is under 200 value while the majority of the beacon on my eap 225 outdoor and other neighbor wifi is 100 value?

Beacon refers to how often the APs send a beacon to clients. The default beacon value is 100, which can be changed under Advanced features ->Beacon Control -> Beacon Interval on the Omada SDN 4.1.5.

Is there's a way from omada controller sdn to exclude them or mark hide the same for other rogues AP's to keep out of might list?

You may filter the rogue APs based on Last Seen (select the start date and end date) to check the rogue AP. From your screenshot, the rogues APs in the red circle were last seen before Oct 11. Would the rogues APs in the red circle be scanned again after Oct 11?

Here is the UG of Omada SDN 4.1.5 for your reference:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202008/20200821/1910012864-Omada%20SDN%20Controller%20User%20Guide.pdf

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Interesting Beacon 200 (value) and looks SSID Similar to my Open voucher Authentication Wi-Fi
2020-10-12 11:07:17

@Fae thanks for your advice. I got the new scan today and I don't find the same mac of said with beacon 200 but I got other mac. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1030

Replies: 2