C80 AC1900 orange light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C80 AC1900 orange light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C80 AC1900 orange light
C80 AC1900 orange light
2020-10-13 08:08:35 - last edited 2020-10-21 11:08:27
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 200907

Model: Archer C80

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 200907

Hi all

Moved Q in wrong post area

Hope you are all fine

Question I have a Archer c80AC1900 in Access Point config linked via TP-Link power line adapters (1300Mbps actual speed 800 apx)    to router on same electrical circuit no RCD’s all works fine internet network etc ok.

Question: The Internet light on the C80 is orange

If cable from router plugged in C80 goes to normal colour, or on restart.  After a while it goes back to orange.  Any Ideas

Have replaced cable just in case CAT7,  

Just a thought, have not tested on unit currently in use.   

Would the fact it is in AP mode and never had the WAN port IP setup still trying to access even though it is AP and not in WAN use  causing the light to go orange

Thought 

Many Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C80 AC1900 orange light -Solution
2020-10-20 14:22:20 - last edited 2020-10-21 11:08:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z

Many thanks for your help, Just an update on the infamous Orange light.  Have been having problems with broadband didn’t think much of it to be honest seemed stable enough.

We have just changed providers and the light has gone to normal Looks like it was a self-diagnostic feature shame it didn’t show in event logs.

Again thank you for your help

Kind Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:C80 AC1900 orange light
2020-10-13 09:23:21

@IvorEGN 

Hi, thanks for asking.

May I know how did you connect the C80 to the main router, via WAN port or LAN port? When the LED is orange, can you please login to its web interface to check if there is any error message? Kindly show us the screenshot if there is.

BTW, who is your ISP, and what is the detailed network layout? We will try to figure out if the LED status is normal or not.

Good days.

Options
2020-10-13 13:24:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z

May I know how did you connect the C80 to the main router

A:  Via Wan port as per manual over TP-link mains adapter to Ethernet port on router and tested with cat7 cable bypass Tp-link mains adapter still orange light

When the LED is orange, can you please login to its web interface to check if there is any error message? Kindly show us the screenshot if there is.

A: No errors showing can’t see any settings for verbose reports

who is your ISP,

A: Sky

Detailed network layout?

A: using Tp-link mains adapters to connect wired devices back to main Broadband router tv pc etc.

All network cables have been replaced where applicable Cat7

If a restart or cable unplug reconnected the light goes to normal state same as all others takes approx. 2 or 3 hours and goes orange.

Mains adapters do not go into sleep mode

Many thanks for any help

Options
2020-10-14 08:59:44

@IvorEGN 

Hi, thanks for the detailed info. May I know the model number of the 1300Mbps powerline adapter? As per your description, no matter the C80 is connected to the Sky router directly or it connects via the TP-Link powerline adapters, the internet LED will become orange after 2-3 hours, while the internet access is still there?

How about you try to manually switch the C80 into the AP mode as below, change its LAN IP address to be in the same IP subnet as that of the Sky router, disable the DHCP server, then connect the Sky router's LAN to the C80 LAN?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/417/

Good days~

Options
2020-10-14 12:40:01

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Thanks 

Adapter both ends.

Q: model number

TL-PA8010P Passthrough Powerline

Q:   manually switch the C80 into the AP mode

That was the direction I was thinking The WAN port is still trying to detect an IP and Link. Even though it is set in AP mode

But what I found of interest was the network link cable can be plugged in to any Ethernet port and still have WiFi and wired network connectivity to rest of network \ internet.

With this done the WAN \ Internet light goes out.

Will reset and run through setup. 

This was how I had another router which was acting as an AP setup before this unit.     

Currently in use so will do it later this evening.

Many thanks for your help will update once done

Options
2020-10-16 06:57:00

@IvorEGN 

Thank you so much for your kind and detailed reply. Please give it a go and let's see how it goes.

Options
2020-10-17 14:57:56

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

Still the same tried both ways.  Would be nice to see what was in the operating systems as it is.  Just to see if the port status detection is thinking it was still connected to a WAN port instead of a LAN port in this case it is setup as an AP

If I take the cable out from the WAN and plug it into the LAN ports on the C80 it still work and the light is out on the WAN port. 

So I think it will be just accept it and carry on regardless.

Many thanks for your help.

Options
2020-10-19 02:34:58

@IvorEGN 

Hi, thanks for the update. You are correct, actually, we can plug the main router into either the WAN port or the LAN port when configuring it into an Access Point mode, it's just the setup process may be a little bit different.

Anyway, if the internet is working just fine, you may leave it and let us know if you have any further inquiries, thanks a lot~

Options
Re:C80 AC1900 orange light -Solution
2020-10-20 14:22:20 - last edited 2020-10-21 11:08:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z

Many thanks for your help, Just an update on the infamous Orange light.  Have been having problems with broadband didn’t think much of it to be honest seemed stable enough.

We have just changed providers and the light has gone to normal Looks like it was a self-diagnostic feature shame it didn’t show in event logs.

Again thank you for your help

Kind Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-21 11:09:39

@IvorEGN 

Hi, thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that it is resolved by changing the provider. Please monitor the performance and let us know if your still need help. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2448

Replies: 9

Related Articles