Archer A8/AC1900 orange light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-17 08:08:57
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 200907 Rel.62218n(4555)

Yesterday, there were changes/upgrades made to the main modem in my apartment complex. During the upgrade, my computer lost internet access, and redirected me to a Bahnhof source where I was asked to choose what apartment i would like internet access to. I chose the correct one and was asked to wait a few minutes for WiFi access. It worked, I was able to regain internet access and then it cut out, and the internet icon became orange. Then after a few minutes, it became green and worked and then orange and then green and so on. I thought it would get better overnight, so when I woke up, I was surprised to see that the light never even turned green, and now it’s stuck on orange. I have tried almost everything, I have done a hard reboot, unplugged the power cord and coaxial cord, renewed and released dynamic IP, factory resetting and waiting the 10 seconds or even 1 hour. Please help me, I have classes online and I need to know as I have a test tomorrow that Will account for a large portion of my grade.

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A8/AC1900 orange light
2020-12-17 08:15:29
Update: It is now back to the orange light-green light phase. After a firmware update.
Options
Re:Archer A8/AC1900 orange light
2020-12-18 07:43:14

@Henningt 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up.

May I know who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? When the internet light becomes orange, how would you get back online, do you need to restart it?

Can you please send me the whole system log on Archer A8's web UI-System Tool-System log page before you restart it?

Additionally, please ensure the cable between the Archer A8 and your main modem is correctly connected, then check the WAN status on its web UI, whether it shows connected with IP address or disconnected with 0.0.0.0.

Most importantly, you need to confirm if the line is stable or not with the internet provider, as the issue occurs after they updated the line or the modem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 784

Replies: 2