Omada SDN limited functionality?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada SDN limited functionality?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Omada SDN limited functionality?
2020-11-16 23:07:27 - last edited 2020-11-16 23:16:29

@Fae hello Fae, if I set a time during the day like from T1 to T2 and then from T2 to T3 it works, if T2 is midnight now it's worst than before, so the EAP at 00.00 switched off and didn't switch on anymore.

would be much better if we get a row of checkboxes of the entire day spaced by 15 mins each and we select if in that quarter we want the poe on or off, this would be good also if we want for a certain period keep the poe of or on for the entire day. For example if i want to create a rule holiday where the eap is always off i must override it in the device config, because with a schedule as it is right now you are obliged to switch on everyday for 15 minutes, but the override is not ideal.

consider also that actually if the poe is off and you create a rule from T1 to T2 and the actual time is in between the rule is not applied untile the next day when you reach T1 again, if you do the same in the standalone gui instead it works and if the actual time already satisfies the rule it switch on.

please consider a more flexible way to use this schedule like the one described above where we can check all the quarter of the day where we want the EAP on or off and consider that the rule should be applied immediately it satisfy a criteria and not just triggered when the time T1 or T2 is reached.

thanks

Options
2020-11-17 10:15:52 - last edited 2020-11-17 10:33:55

@Fae Hello Fae just linking to my previous post, I confirm that today I retested moving the site time to catch midnight and I confirm the issue.

Just to recap I had 2 active schedules:

1- 6:30 to 24:00

2- 00:00 to 2:30

At midnight it switch off and never switch on, to have it switched on again you have to wait the day after at midnight.

If you the same but instead having the connection point between the 2 schedule at midnight you do it at for example 11:00, like 6:30->11:00 and 11:00->24:00 it works with continuity also without the small disconnection as before.

Even if I get the following events (the 6:30>11:00 schedule says failed, probably because overrided by the next one, even if this is slightly confusing)

Regarding my previous post here is my suggestion to implement the PoE schedule:

Also would be better that you can activate or deactivate a schedule directly from the list page instead of having to enter in each of them enable/disable and save, something like:

Please note also that would be important that the schedule is not just triggered when I reach the TSTART or TEND but it must apply at any time, so this means that I make a schedule from T1 to T2 and now the time T is in between and the PoE is off the POE must go on and viceversa if actual time T is out of range and the POE is ON it must immediately switch off. I have tested in the past this in the standalone GUI and if i'm not wrong there was working correctly in this way.

Thanks

Options
2020-11-23 08:14:14

Dear @Xstreem,

Thank you for the detailed information and generous suggestion, we appreciate it. 

just linking to my previous post, I confirm that today I retested moving the site time to catch midnight and I confirm the issue.

Just to recap I had 2 active schedules:

1- 6:30 to 24:00

2- 00:00 to 2:30

At midnight it switch off and never switch on, to have it switched on again you have to wait the day after at midnight.

If you the same but instead having the connection point between the 2 schedule at midnight you do it at for example 11:00, like 6:30->11:00 and 11:00->24:00 it works with continuity also without the small disconnection as before.

Even if I get the following events (the 6:30>11:00 schedule says failed, probably because overrided by the next one, even if this is slightly confusing)

Please note also that would be important that the schedule is not just triggered when I reach the TSTART or TEND but it must apply at any time, so this means that I make a schedule from T1 to T2 and now the time T is in between and the PoE is off the POE must go on and viceversa if actual time T is out of range and the POE is ON it must immediately switch off. I have tested in the past this in the standalone GUI and if i'm not wrong there was working correctly in this way.

I've reported this problem to the developer team, they will add a plan to optimize the PoE schedule function.

Regarding my previous post here is my suggestion to implement the PoE schedule:

Also would be better that you can activate or deactivate a schedule directly from the list page instead of having to enter in each of them enable/disable and save, something like:

This suggestion has been forwarded to the developer team for further consideration.

Thank you for your support on TP-Link products! Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link proudcts. Have a nice day!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-28 21:49:41

Re: @Fae I don't think so. 

It's a pity that it was not written here before...

The whole idea of integrated management has just collapsed...

Options
2021-01-06 18:33:21

Dear all.

What is also missing is Jumbo Frames. You can configure them in standalone mode, but they aren't supported in managed mode. The switches now even block jumbo packets.

We are planning on replacing our network infrastructure from another vendor to TP-Link (partly because of Omada SDN) in our office and I am doing some testing with two T1500G-8T and some EAP225.

By the way: When will the SG3428X be available? Some websites already list it but it's out of stock.

Kind regards

Martin

Options
2021-10-04 13:55:05

@Fae 

Hi,

Were you able to fix this?

thanks

Options
Related Articles