[SOLVED] Can't create SSID Override in Omada SDN Software Controller 4.1.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-20 18:20:22 - last edited 2020-11-20 22:14:54

About a year ago, I asked in these forums how to restrict some devices to certain APs, and learned about SSID Overrides, which has worked perfectly for my needs.

Now, I've upgraded to Omada SDN Software Controller 4.1.5, and things are going well, except that I can no longer successfully create SSID Overrides.

Under Devices > Config > WLANs, when I click the Edit button next to one of my existing SSIDs (in the Default WLAN group), I do find the expected interface:

If I then turn on SSID Override, enter an SSID name, provide a password, and click Save, nothing at all happens (that is, the SSID Override interface remains, and if I navigate elsewhere and return, my changes are lost).

Interestingly, if I do the same but do not type a new password, then when I click Save I'm returned to Devices > Config > WLANs as I'd expect, and my new override does appear in the Overrides column as I'd expect, but...after 2-3 seconds, it vanishes.

Any thoughts on what I can do to convince Omada Software Controller 4.1.5 to accept an SSID Override?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[REGRESSION] Can't create SSID Override in Omada SDN Software Controller 4.1.5-Solution
2020-11-20 22:14:23 - last edited 2020-11-20 22:20:53

@shberge, thanks for the response, but for me under v4.1.5, the Apply button isn't available until I either Save or Cancel. And since the Save button doesn't do anything, I can only Cancel, at which point there's nothing to Apply.

The good news, however, is that I learned that there's a newer version v4.2.4 release, and after a couple hours' struggle to get it running (for some reason, the eap.cer and eap.keystore files included in Omada_SDN_Controller_v4.2.4_linux_x64.tar.gz didn't work for me, so I dropped in copies from v4.1.5 that did work), I found that this problem is fixed in the newer release.

'Twas a dumb mistake on my part to get started with an out-of-date release!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:[REGRESSION] Can't create SSID Override in Omada SDN Software Controller 4.1.5
2020-11-20 21:44:43
You have to save and then apply.
Options
Re:[REGRESSION] Can't create SSID Override in Omada SDN Software Controller 4.1.5-Solution
2020-11-20 22:14:23 - last edited 2020-11-20 22:20:53

@shberge, thanks for the response, but for me under v4.1.5, the Apply button isn't available until I either Save or Cancel. And since the Save button doesn't do anything, I can only Cancel, at which point there's nothing to Apply.

The good news, however, is that I learned that there's a newer version v4.2.4 release, and after a couple hours' struggle to get it running (for some reason, the eap.cer and eap.keystore files included in Omada_SDN_Controller_v4.2.4_linux_x64.tar.gz didn't work for me, so I dropped in copies from v4.1.5 that did work), I found that this problem is fixed in the newer release.

'Twas a dumb mistake on my part to get started with an out-of-date release!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:[REGRESSION] Can't create SSID Override in Omada SDN Software Controller 4.1.5
2020-11-25 09:44:16

Dear @bland328,

for some reason, the eap.cer and eap.keystore files included in Omada_SDN_Controller_v4.2.4_linux_x64.tar.gz didn't work for me,

May I ask what you mean by it didn't work? Was there showing any error message when you install the Controller V4.2.4 on your Linux?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1486

Replies: 3