Problem shows after Upgraded firmware-my 2 EAP225 Outdoor sudden change to isolate failed in mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem shows after Upgraded firmware-my 2 EAP225 Outdoor sudden change to isolate failed in mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 14:01:49 - last edited 2020-11-25 14:03:11
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20201016 Rel.62818

Hello After using the recent upgrade of Firmware 1.7.1 Build 20201016 Rel.62818 for my OC200 Controller in SDN encounter several issue, two of my EAP225 outdoor suddenly go to isolate mode and failed to reconnect on their exiting mesh network. TP link team need to check this issue, I can say now the previous build of firmware is better than my experience now. Since there's no chance to joined them from a remote area I need to hire a service installer from our local area t help to check and replace both non-working EAP225 outdoor. Please find both status almost whole day I tried to rejoined and failed.

Action done already.

1. Restart the OC200 controller

2. Tried to join them via local Ip web interface (I do remote desktop my local machine installed on same network) as well trial failed for cloud rejoining.

3. Try to forget the settings of one EAP225 outdoor and still failed to rejoin via adopting through its default mesh connection.

4. Requested colleuege on nearby place to reset one of the EAP through its adaptor reset pin hole.

5. Result still failed to rejoin on their mesh.

While other keep on its state isolate since I haven't tried this unit to remove from manage device. it shows link in last photo but status in actual still isolate and keep trying to readopt but always failed.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem shows after Upgraded firmware-my 2 EAP225 Outdoor sudden change to isolate failed in mesh
2020-11-25 18:51:35
Please disregards my post i sort the issue after one a a time link restarting. Main conflict experience from Point to Point CPE510 after restarting them everything back to normal and all AP's on other client side of CPE510 able to adopt and connect. While the one I request to hard reset able to configure after manual adopting to the mesh without removal or connecting via ethernet cable. from mesh network with the default fall back IP on EAP225 outdoor it manage to download the configuration from omada oc200 controller in process. Most of issues encounter and experience from OMADA OC200 SDN with EAP225 Outdoor and other hardware CPE510 fixed by restarting its either the OC200 controller or the CPE510 device and everything follows and heal the connection itself
Options
Re:Problem shows after Upgraded firmware-my 2 EAP225 Outdoor sudden change to isolate failed in mesh
2020-11-26 06:05:59

Dear @JhonneL,

Glad to know that your concern was resolved finally. One tiny thing I would like to mention here.

4. Requested colleuege on nearby place to reset one of the EAP through its adaptor reset pin hole.

The EAP225-Outdoor doesn't support remote reset, so it cannot reset the EAP with the pin hole on its adapter.

This is noted in the QIG of the EAP225-Outdoor, you may not notice that.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-11-26 07:25:28
Hello, Yah, I noticed after my colleague reset that button the settings back to factory default where I can start adopting once again even on its remote location(in the pole) which only connected or detected via mesh default network settings from nearby EAP225 outdoor. Might I consider that function remote reset since we don't need to pull down the EAP225 Outdoor on pole and with 20M distance using lan we can able to reset it remotely :) might my terms and understanding not really what it means in the standard documentation remarks :) sorry for my wordings. Appreciate your remarks and highlighting that part of the documentaion.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 922

Replies: 3

Related Articles