Incompatibility of JetStream Switch TL-SG2008v30 in Omada Cloud SDN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 02:10:32
Model: TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hi to everybody, I'm trying to use Omada Cloud SDN architecture to manage my second home far away from where I live. 
I am using as border router a TL-R605v1.0 vers 1.0.0, four different EAP access point: EAP110-Outdoor(EU)v3.0 vers 3.20.0, EAP225(EU)v3.0 vers 2.20.1, EAP115-Wall(EU)v1.0 vers 1.20.1, EAP225-Outdoor(EU)v1.0 vers 1.20.0, a JetStream Switch TL-SG2008v30 vers 3.0.0 and OC200 Omada hardware controller.

I want to attach my EAPs to TL-R605 via TP-Link JetStream Switch, as suggested by Omada Cloud requirements. 

Even though each EAP is discovered by OC200 Omada controller, no one of them result correctly attached [connected state]. 

Instead, if I use a different brand of managed switch L2/L3 aka HP ProCurve series, all EAP work fine.

In my case, I used HP 1810G-8, HP 1810-24G, FS S3150-8T2FP that unfortunately, the are not managed by OC200 controller.

FYI: Out of Omada Cloud Control, the JetStream Switch TL-SG2008 works fine, but as for the others switch I tested, it is not included in graphic interface losing all switch features. All segment of my network work with VLANs (Tagged) associated with different SSID in different Configurations and Profiles that I set in JetStream Switch and each EAP. 

My question is: do you know how Omada OC200 controller blocks configuration of EAP Access Point? 

I appreciate any suggestions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Incompatibility of JetStream Switch TL-SG2008v30 in Omada Cloud SDN
2020-12-03 02:50:55

Dear @mazzaris,

Even though each EAP is discovered by OC200 Omada controller, no one of them result correctly attached [connected state]. 

Instead, if I use a different brand of managed switch L2/L3 aka HP ProCurve series, all EAP work fine.

All segment of my network work with VLANs (Tagged) associated with different SSID in different Configurations and Profiles that I set in JetStream Switch and each EAP. 

My question is: do you know how Omada OC200 controller blocks configuration of EAP Access Point? 

What's the Status of the R605 Router, EAPs and TL-SG2008 switch when you connect them together in the network?

Do they show the correct IP addresses from the Devices page on the Omada Controller?

Is there showing any error message when you try to adopt the EAPs on the Omada Controller?

Did you configure VLANs under Wired Network on the Omada Controller?

The OC200 cannot handle tagged packets. When you connect with the TL-SG2008 switch, you may verify how the VLAN is configured for the connected port, ensure the OC200 can communicate with the EAPs in the same VLAN.

To figure out the problem, you may draw a detailed network topology that displays the port number that connected with devices and how the VLANs are configured for analysis.

Related FAQ for your reference. 

What Should I Do if Omada Software Controller OC200 Cannot Adopt Omada EAP, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2513/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options