Omada OC200 controller doesn't see a particular wired Win10 client PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 20:58:13 - last edited 2021-03-26 01:01:02
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20201016 Rel.62818

I am setting up an Omada based home network, which is currently connected as follows:

• TL-SG2210MP switch
    1. Incoming ISP fiber router (DHCP server)
    2. OC200 controller
    3. Wired Win10 client A
    4. Empty
    5. Empty
    6. EAP-225
    7. EAP-225 Outdoor
    8. Long outdoor cable to opposite corner of house to a generic Netgear gigabit unmanaged switch
      1. Wired Win10 client B
      2. EAP-225

There are around 40 mixed wireless clients (laptops, phones, smart devices & bulbs etc) connected across the three EAPs & as far as I can tell everything in the house is showing up as a client in the management console as expected. The only thing that doesn't show up in the console is the Win10 client connected to the unmanaged switch upstairs. The EAP-225 is there, as are all the wireless devices connected to it, but the wired PC doesn't show up at all.

I've tried the usual unplugging & replugging into different ports, power cycling etc. The OC200 and SG2210MP are on their latest firmware. The PC itself is working perfectly well, and does show up as an active client on the DHCP list of the fiber router as an active device. (edit: it's set up as DHCP with no manual DNS settings or anything else, just default Win10 DHCP settings)

One of the main reasons for setting all this up is to stabilise the network for gaming to not be interefered with by active downloads and streaming across the ever-growing wireless clients. Typically the one PC that's not showing up is the one that suffers with latency issues when others in the house are streaming etc. I'm wating for delivery of a TL-R605 to complete the rest of the config.

The only explanation I can think of is that the issue is something to do with going through the unmanaged switch. I can't plug the PC directly into the cable from the SG2210MP at the moment, as it won't reach the PC in another room. Is there anything else I could be missing here, or has anyone else seen a similar problem?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada OC200 controller doesn't see a particular wired Win10 client PC-Solution
2021-03-25 10:23:47 - last edited 2021-03-26 01:01:02

Dear @Kansalis,

• TL-SG2210MP switch
    2. OC200 controller
    3. Wired Win10 client A
    4. Empty
    5. Empty
    6. EAP-225
    7. EAP-225 Outdoor
    8. Long outdoor cable to opposite corner of house to a generic Netgear gigabit unmanaged switch
      1. Wired Win10 client B
      2. EAP-225

The only thing that doesn't show up in the console is the Win10 client connected to the unmanaged switch upstairs. The EAP-225 is there, as are all the wireless devices connected to it, but the wired PC doesn't show up at all.

The only explanation I can think of is that the issue is something to do with going through the unmanaged switch. I can't plug the PC directly into the cable from the SG2210MP at the moment, as it won't reach the PC in another room. Is there anything else I could be missing here, or has anyone else seen a similar problem?

To confirm, the Omada Controller can see the Wired Win10 client A that is connected directly to the TL-SG2210MP switch, while it only cannot see Wired Win10 client B that is connected to the TL-SG2210MP switch through the unmanaged switch, is that correct?

If the answer is yes, the issue has been addressed and it will be fixed in Omada Controller v4.3 (developing).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Omada OC200 controller doesn't see a particular wired Win10 client PC
2020-12-04 06:45:38

Dear @Kansalis,

• TL-SG2210MP switch
    2. OC200 controller
    3. Wired Win10 client A
    4. Empty
    5. Empty
    6. EAP-225
    7. EAP-225 Outdoor
      1. Wired Win10 client B
      2. EAP-225

How long is the outdoor cable? If you disconnect the EAP225 from the unmanaged switch and simply have one Win10 connected to the unmanaged switch, would it make any difference? You may also try swapping the Ethernet cable for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-07 12:31:29

@Fae 

I'm experience the same i think.

I have 1xOC200 / 1xTL-R605 /1xTL-SG2008P / 3xEAP265 in the omada environment.

I have two none omada(management) TP-LINK switches connected to a port on the SG2008P. Both switches have different clients and a EAP265 connected.

When i disconnect the EAP265 the clients are shown and when i connect the eap265 the clients are nog showing up anymore(the clients on the same switch from which i connect / dusconnect the EAP265).

Best regards,

Michel

Options
2020-12-07 15:50:21

@Fae The cable is 50m, so not too long. I will try various combinations of cables/ports, unplugging the EAP etc when I can find a time that won't cause any issues. With 3 people working from home at all hours of the day, it's a challenge!

Options
2021-03-04 12:29:57

Hi All,

There is new firmware released for the OC200 controller and TL-R605 recently. Mentioned HERE and HERE.

Please check for an update and verify if the "Client Not Showing" problem is resolved. We'd appreciate your valued feedback.

Options
Re:Omada OC200 controller doesn't see a particular wired Win10 client PC-Solution
2021-03-25 10:23:47 - last edited 2021-03-26 01:01:02

Dear @Kansalis,

• TL-SG2210MP switch
    2. OC200 controller
    3. Wired Win10 client A
    4. Empty
    5. Empty
    6. EAP-225
    7. EAP-225 Outdoor
      1. Wired Win10 client B
      2. EAP-225

The only thing that doesn't show up in the console is the Win10 client connected to the unmanaged switch upstairs. The EAP-225 is there, as are all the wireless devices connected to it, but the wired PC doesn't show up at all.

To confirm, the Omada Controller can see the Wired Win10 client A that is connected directly to the TL-SG2210MP switch, while it only cannot see Wired Win10 client B that is connected to the TL-SG2210MP switch through the unmanaged switch, is that correct?

If the answer is yes, the issue has been addressed and it will be fixed in Omada Controller v4.3 (developing).

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-25 11:44:09

@Fae That is correct. Thank you for continuing to follow up on this, I will look out for that new release.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1370

Replies: 6