OMADA SDN with Router TL-R605: Please change the menu label for NAT (And then make a NAT section)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OMADA SDN with Router TL-R605: Please change the menu label for NAT (And then make a NAT section)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-05 01:49:42 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:30:58
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi so far i slowly understand how this router works but whats really frustrating is for example the menu setting Transmission->Nat

Hoping i could define which networks would be transferred by NAT 

or how NAT handles certain destinations or... atleast anything that has to do with NAT....

but no... not in this case.. tp link defines nat new ... into port forwarding.

PLEASE change the label to just what it is port forwarding. It doesn't do NAT!

And while you are at it please make a NAT section that actually does that

let you control NAT from where, to where and HOW.

Thank you very much.

Options
3 Reply
Re:OMADA SDN with Router TL-R605: Please change the menu label for NAT (And then make a NAT section)
2020-12-09 07:59:12 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:30:58

Dear @Martin_Theobald,

Hoping i could define which networks would be transferred by NAT 

or how NAT handles certain destinations or... atleast anything that has to do with NAT....

I'm afraid that your demands may need to achieve with a traditional router while the TP-Link router is only a NAPT device.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:OMADA SDN with Router TL-R605: Please change the menu label for NAT (And then make a NAT section)
2020-12-09 12:53:58 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:30:58

@Fae Hi Fae :-) One can dream.

Is it planned to introduce a real router to the omada product line? The name change of the menu item would still be pretty nice in the controller.

Thanks a lot!

Options
2020-12-10 02:50:44 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:30:58

Dear @Martin_Theobald,

Is it planned to introduce a real router to the omada product line? The name change of the menu item would still be pretty nice in the controller.

As far as I know, there is no plan at present. Thank you for your kind suggestion. I've forwarded this to the developer team for evaluation.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 782

Replies: 3