DHCP reservation for Omada EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP reservation for Omada EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
46 Reply
Re:DHCP reservation for Omada EAP-Solution
2022-01-07 08:12:59 - last edited 2022-01-21 07:46:24

@PapyPom I cannot believe no one has come up with an answer yet.  To set a fixed IP address for your access point, you have to do it from the devices tab on the Omada Cloud Controller portal:

Step One:

Step two:

Step Three:

Reboot your access point from the control panel, and you should have a fixed IP address for each access point.

Please upvote this answer if useful for you.

Andres Salgado

wifiexpert.pro (https://wifiexpert.pro)

Andres Salgado WiFiExpert.pro 25 years experience with all things WiFi.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:DHCP reservation for Omada EAP
2022-01-07 08:13:55

@Fae this is not true.  I answered this question in the thread.

Andres Salgado WiFiExpert.pro 25 years experience with all things WiFi.
Options
2022-01-11 09:25:36

@wifiexpert you do realize you're on Page 5 of answers and your solution was already presented in the thread???

Your screenshots are helpful never the less :)

Options
2022-01-13 02:12:27

Dear @wifiexpert,

Thank you for your valued reply! 

I'd add that the following feature (set a fixed IP address for Devices like EAP) is supported on Omada Controller v5.0 and above.

wifiexpert wrote

@PapyPom I cannot believe no one has come up with an answer yet.  To set a fixed IP address for your access point, you have to do it from the devices tab on the Omada Cloud Controller portal:

Step One:

Step two:

Step Three:

Reboot your access point from the control panel, and you should have a fixed IP address for each access point.

Please upvote this answer if useful for you.

Andres Salgado

wifiexpert.pro (https://wifiexpert.pro)

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-21 13:58:02

How to remove the reservation? I had a device linked to an IP that I no longer own. I would like to free up that IP. How should I do that?

Options
2022-04-21 20:15:17

@Driekes In Omada Cloud navigate to Settings --> Services --> DHCP Reservation find old one by IP or MAC and remove it.

Options
Related Articles